1996 Ford Windstar, FU Audio & Sundown

If you want a smaller enclosure then yeah. They work pretty decent in 6 cubes.
I've can do roughly 8.5 cubes (gross) max, so I think I could make a box roomy enough for either. I haven't found too much info for recommended size; the Sundown site doesn't have it and various distributors and forums are saying like 3.5-4.5. That seems way too small. I'd give it those 6-7 cubes. I gotta learn WinISD.
Thanks again. I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

I've can do roughly 8.5 cubes (gross) max, so I think I could make a box roomy enough for either. I haven't found too much info for recommended size; the Sundown site doesn't have it and various distributors and forums are saying like 3.5-4.5. That seems way too small. I'd give it those 6-7 cubes. I gotta learn WinISD.
Thanks again. I didn't mean to hijack this thread.
This thread isn't going to go much further, I've done everything I've wanted to with this build lol. Made too many mistakes from the start to try and fix at this point.

WinISD is overrated imo. It doesn't really tell you anything you didn't already know. It also doesn't take into account things like port area affecting the frequency response. It's ok for getting a rough idea of how much rise your box will have though, which can help you know things like how much your sub will move at certain frequencies.

Playing around with some bracing. The rear hatch has 2 parts to it that aren't firmly secured to eachother so I put a few of these blocks in. They are PL'd and then screws in from underneath. Slightly oversized so the panels squeeze it together and keeps it held in place
MOjBONx.jpg

7ZrFxey.jpg
What do you mean by PL'd? What's the white stuff on the ends of the block?

So after spending a few months with these subs, how do you like them?
I'm considering getting an 18" and putting ~900W on it. They're rated at 750W, but you've got 3KW on a pair and they're still okay? I'm just a bit skeptical - 18s under $200 taking double rated. What's the catch?

I also saw FU featured your video on their FB page. Congrats!
I have an fu750 in 5 cubes running off a ppi bk1800. Ran it full bore for over half an hour no issues. Mostly stuff like dre or some metal with a heavy bass line. So far im impressed.

Final box design. Flush mount, couple 45's, nothing too crazy. 11.6 cubes @ 32hz. 160 in^2 of port.
I wasn't sure how to do the vertical bracing so that it would be centered. I considered making a cross brace using 2 2x4's and a lap joint but I wasn't a fan of how that split the box up. Ultimately I decided to just run some threaded rod directly through the 2x4. In other words, even my bracing has bracing.

8aE07SZ.png

lklvnO1.jpg
What program did you use to design this? Sketchup?

Nah just busy with school. Van is still running andbsystem is still in I just havent had time or resources to put more into it.
You mentioned you made too many mistakes during the build? I have the same van, i know about the back panels.. I did what you did, jammed blocks of wood throughout and screwed the panel on..not bad.

Would really like to know what these mistakes are so i can plan ahead..thanks!

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

You mentioned you made too many mistakes during the build? I have the same van, i know about the back panels.. I did what you did, jammed blocks of wood throughout and screwed the panel on..not bad.
Would really like to know what these mistakes are so i can plan ahead..thanks!

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Yo, hit up the comp at march 6 in riverside.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.