1995 Ford Explorer install log

anyone chime in?

Looking to start the install in an hour so would like to know for sure so I can go ahead with setting everything up.. Thanks

who said to use a 1000hz test tone for sub amps? lol

you can pretty much use any tone that is in the freq band of the amp that isnt affected by any filters (assuming you didnt turn them off).

i usually use 50hz -6db test tones for subs and 1000hz -3db for component amps. never had a problem yet and i think im getting the most i can out of my amps without an oscope.

^^ thanks for the input!

But I got a problem right now.. I took my HU out to hook the remote turn on wire up.. and I see no dedicated remote turn on wire from the HU.. I m like wtf?

So I decided to hook it up to the blue wire which is power for antenna..

So when I turn my HU on, the amp powers up when I am in "Tuner" mode, while if I switch to disc or Ipod, the amp would turn off..

I definitely need the remote turn on wire.. any ideas? I got pics of this situation coming up..

DSC03205.jpg

DSC03203.jpg

there are only 2 blue wires from the HU.. one solid blue wire(Antenna power) and blue wire with a white line on it.. not sure what is it exactly..

who said to use a 1000hz test tone for sub amps? lol
you can pretty much use any tone that is in the freq band of the amp that isnt affected by any filters (assuming you didnt turn them off).

i usually use 50hz -6db test tones for subs and 1000hz -3db for component amps. never had a problem yet and i think im getting the most i can out of my amps without an oscope.
I usually download test tone from realmofexcursion.com

so there is no -6 Db, so for instance I got 50 Hz -3Db, will that be ok?

I usually download test tone from realmofexcursion.com
so there is no -6 Db, so for instance I got 50 Hz -3Db, will that be ok?
you want the blue and white wire. and the -3db test tone will be fine. i just prefer -6db to try to just squeeze out a little bit more power.

Thanks for the help guys..

Here is the update.. only pics, no vids yet.. I ll be sure to post one soon..

But as of now, I love it! hits really hard, I still have stock electrical, when I get back from spring break, I will install Big 3.. and hopefully buy a HO alternator..

It sure was a nice day to do an install today even though it is kinda cold.. I also got my summer wheels back on the explorer today..

DSC03212.jpg

DSC03208.jpg

DSC03209.jpg

DSC03211.jpg

Nice battery terminals I just installed the same thing on mine today. Use the blue/white striped, i learned the hard way, but I use a toggle switch now.

so how does it sound?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.