1995 Ford Explorer install log

Honestly I never thought that 10s would be as good as 15s, but sofar, I think that I like the 10s better than the 15s I had before(but I had only 1,200 watts on them)

The lows on those BLs are insane!!

And yeah all of this are on stock alt and battery for now.. When I return from spring break, I will check my budget and if I have enough, I will buy a HO alternator, and possibly a yellowtop.. Also will do the big 3..

Lastly, yes the rims are 22s

DSC03205.jpg
DSC03203.jpg
Get rid of those wire nuts. Should never be used in a car. solder your connections or at least use butt connectors or quick disconnects and crimp them good.

very nice rims. you will benefit the most from a large battery up front. to get a group 31 to fit you just cut some of the metal. on the right side of the picture you can see

7c42d21a7108.jpg

^^ thanks for the input!
But I got a problem right now.. I took my HU out to hook the remote turn on wire up.. and I see no dedicated remote turn on wire from the HU.. I m like wtf?

So I decided to hook it up to the blue wire which is power for antenna..

So when I turn my HU on, the amp powers up when I am in "Tuner" mode, while if I switch to disc or Ipod, the amp would turn off..

I definitely need the remote turn on wire.. any ideas? I got pics of this situation coming up..
Get rid of those wire nuts. Should never be used in a car. solder your connections or at least use butt connectors or quick disconnects and crimp them good.
They are sufficent to me? Never had problems with them.. Will leave it that way until it gives me any problem lol... Thanks for the concern anyway..

very nice rims. you will benefit the most from a large battery up front. to get a group 31 to fit you just cut some of the metal. on the right side of the picture you can see
7c42d21a7108.jpg
What do you mean by group 31? And sure thing I would benefit a lot from having a large battery as an upgrade..

nice thread, im doing 2 10's in my 1997 Explorer at the moment, hows the output for you on the 10s.
Output is kinda decent considering I have no electrical upgrade yet..

vids asap..
sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but I dont think there will be one until next week since I am leaving to florida tomorrow and leaving my explorer behind at home //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

when neverenuffbass said dont use wire nuts, he is just concerned that they will work themselves loose.

my buddy is an electrician and says this can be fairly common in an environment that has lots of vibrations. he told me, if i use them to just wrap some tape around the wire and the wire nut to keep it in place.

its just what he told me, so YMMV

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.