1995 Ford Explorer install log

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
I just received my amp today so the install will officially begin tomorrow..

It will be going in a 4 door 1995 Ford Explorer..

I ve got everything except for HO alternator (it is next thing on my list)

Here is what my set up going to be..

2 10" Fi BLs

Crossfire VR2000D

Bunch of 0 gauge (stinger) also got some runs for big 3

The box is 2.5 cuft tuned at 32 hz.. (mobeious built the box for me, mad props to him!)

I will be using Polk DB570 Coaxials as my front speakers(not pictured) and I know I need better speakers; it is on my list also.. and a matching 4 ch amp is on my list too..

There is more to list but pointless to list lol.. now off to the pics!

All of this is just for the start //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

DSC03200.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

DSC03202.jpg

sorry, wasnt sure where I was supposed to put this in..

Since this forum is a general one so I thought I d be safe posting this in here..

Mods, move this to the right place if possible, thanks

subscribed. box looks nice
Sure thing, I love the box.. it was done perfectly IMO and very clean.. Mobeious is the man! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey guys.. I m done with wiring up and mounting the subs on the box.. Will post pics tomorrow

I planned to use 8 gauge but I realized that it is too big to fit in the coils of my BL unless I do some trimming.. so I decided to **** it and use 12 gauge instead.. It will do just fine..

I got some questions before I proceed to install tomorrow.. It is been a while I installed my first set up (2 15" Fi Qs)

I will be doing 2k watts at 2 ohms so I should set my gains at 63.2 volts- correct me if I m wrong please (I will use DMM)

Also I will be using "1000Hz -3 Db" Test tone to set the gains.. is that ok? because that is what I was instructed to do last time..

And I can turn the subsonic filter on or off on my amp.. I m pretty sure I should have it on, but I never understood how am I supposed to know where to set it at? I got between 20 hz to 50 hz, I m supposed to follow my box's tuning or what? sorry I m still a noob ha..

I m kinda new to this kind of amp.. Where should I set it at for Crossover? LEVEL? and LPF? eh lol, my last amp was JBL GTO 1201.1 II so it was pretty simple for me to set it up.. sorry again!

any answers would be awesome! thanks in advance!

i dont know about using 1000hz... i could be wrong.. make sure all crossovers and boosts are off

also just from using a vr2000 myself they dont like the voltage to go below 11v so make sure u got good voltage

Yeah I am not sure about 1000 Hz too lol, like I said it is been a while so I forgot.. If someone could chime in on this one, that'd be nice

And about the amp, I ll make sure I have good voltage.. More likely I will do the install and the big 3 today and hopefully it will be sufficent for now until I get a HO alternator

Also, should I turn the subsonic filter off as you said? I thought it would help the amp by not playing notes that is higher than specific frequency or whatever? But I cant turn off something like LPF and some others??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.