1969 VW Bus (Budget Build)

Participant count
  • Participant list

asianinvasion21
10+ year member

ai217
So my buddy decided to do a little budget build in his bus. He is pretty good with wood work so the install wasn't to hard. The amps used were ones I just had laying around. He bought all of the alpine speakers for this build. The bus is very spacious and he has rubber mats and fake turf for his floor. I did all the wiring in the bus which was easy because the bus is very spacious. I didn't get to many shots of the bus since I just took a few as we went. So next time I see him I will take a few more pics of the finished install.

Equipment

Kenwood kdc head unit I believe not sure what model.

Alpine Type s 6x9 rear speakers

Alpine Type s 6 1/2 front speakers

Alpine Type X 10 sub

Almani p1100 2 channel for sub (Bridged)

Hifonics Zeus ZXi ZXi 4006 4 channel for speakers

Here's the back seat taken out. We had to cut holes for the sub and the speakers.

New box built around 1.8 cubes ported 35hz for the type x sub. He had this thing in a tiny sealed box before lol. Now that this thing can breathe it rattles all the metal in his bus.

Amp rack that went behind the sub box in between the seat. This thing was incredibly hard to hold while putting the seat back in.

Drilled holes through the wheel well to run 2 sets of 4 gauge just in case he may want to upgrade in the future.

I thought the overall build turned out pretty nice. Im glad he got the type x sub because the car doesn't have a lot of SPL it is very open. The sub hits the lows and sound pretty nice. In the back seat the car sound very spacious and is a way better improvement than what he had before. He is very excited to drive this thing around for summer time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.