2004 Audi A4 Quattro

Falcons
5,000+ posts

that **** i dont like
This is going to be going on over the course of the next couple months. but ive gotten far enough along to where i can actually start posting some pictures up. so finally, without further ado, here is my build log:

Started off with the big three. Nothing crazy, three pieces of scosche efx 1/0 Gauge wire added on to the car.

BigThree1-1.jpg

BigThree2-1.jpg

After that i finally ordered some deadener. i was very, very skeptical about if this truely worked or not, but i was sitting there one night and i had some extra cash laying around and i saw that coleman had some b-stock 60mil for sale. for 98 dollars shipped to my door for 50sqft i thought that was a steal. anyway on to the pics:

This is my trunk pre-deadened.

TrunkUndeadened.jpg

Here is a couple of pics of the trunk after it was deadened. I ended up going with about 35-40% coverage on the whole thing.

TrunkDeadened1.jpg

TrunkDeadened2.jpg

Now on to the spare tire well. this was after i cleaned it and put down one piece of deadener. You should have seen how rusty and dirty it was down there before i cleaned it.

TireWellUndeadened.jpg

Here is some post deadening pics. i didnt need to lay a whole lot down here.

TireWellDeadened.jpg

I also did below the rear deck. This made my stock sub shine.

RearDeck.jpg

Then it was on to the doors. This took up the main portion of my day as i wanted to make them pretty solid while not trying to cover my entire door.

This is the driver side door predeadened. I took off some foam crap that audi thought would be sufficient enough in fixed panel resonance. they failed.

DriverDoorUndeadened.jpg

The post Deadened Product.

DriverdoorDeadened.jpg

Now for my rear doors. These were a pain in the *** to get the panel back on. im gonna have to buy some new clips because some decided to break off. cheap plastic.

This is the final product of the rear door.

RearDoorDeadened.jpg

My overall experiance with audiotechnix sound deadener is this. if you havent bought it yet, even if your just running stock, you are an idiot. plain and simple. my trunk and doors sound like wood when i hit them, my midbass literally doubled in output in reference to my ears, my rearview shakes from my stock 8" sub and my seats even vibrate a little on the low notes. im not saying it is the end to all problems, but for a mere 100 bucks for 50 square feet of deadener, you cant beat it. and b-stock? should be called im giving this away cheaper for no reason. I had no trouble applying it, or taking of the paper backing. the job took me 9 hours, but it was well worth it!

Now on to the subwoofer! I went through the ringer with this guy. was originally a memphis cm cast 2010 d4 mojo. sent it to psi to get a cf dustcap and reconed to a d1. the basket ended up getting cracked during shipping. dave contacted me and told me it was gonna need a new basket. so i just told him to put the new basket on and i would file a claim through UPS. literally just got the call that they denied my claim. last time ill be using them. dave did a great job with it though and im very happy with how it came out.

PSI1.jpg

PSI2.jpg

Thats all for now until mobile enclosures finishes my box design. he is almost done with it. then i can put up some pics of the box build. and my amp will be shipped july 30th, so hopefully by mid-august ill have some bump. Its been an exciting build so far!

I spent two days doing all my doors, trunk, rear deck and and tried to do a bit of the roof... SO WORTH IT. Drove past semis yesterday and could barely hear them with the music turned down. Everyone that wants a sound system should first sound deadnet everything

I spent two days doing all my doors, trunk, rear deck and and tried to do a bit of the roof... SO WORTH IT. Drove past semis yesterday and could barely hear them with the music turned down. Everyone that wants a sound system should first sound deadnet everything
I agree man best investment I've ever made.

i really suggest drilling the firewall between the engine bay and your battery just wedging the wire in between the foam and the hood could result in a fire or other electrical problems. even if you notched the fire wall so no pressure would be on the wire that would be better.

i really suggest drilling the firewall between the engine bay and your battery just wedging the wire in between the foam and the hood could result in a fire or other electrical problems. even if you notched the fire wall so no pressure would be on the wire that would be better.
I'll figure that out when that day comes. Still gotta build the box this upcoming weekend. Either way im going with audiotechnix wire.

Nice build man my freind has the same car just finished installing 2 12inch hdc3's with 2 soundstream rubi 2500's with 3 spv70 stinger batts car bumps ur's is gonna hit nice I like that psi recone!

Nice build man my freind has the same car just finished installing 2 12inch hdc3's with 2 soundstream rubi 2500's with 3 spv70 stinger batts car bumps ur's is gonna hit nice I like that psi recone!
Thanks man it did come out beautiful! I can't wait to get this box built so I can finally have a system again

The wife had an '02 A4.. she was b!tching one day about me spending money on something or another, so I drove it to the scrap yard, crushed it for $270, and gave her the cash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif she dont complain about my spending anymore...

The car was ridiculous though. A bolt came off on the suspension (not a big deal, just caused a squeak) and it cost $98 for a new one... a Bolt. Regular everyday bolt, this one just happened to be shipped from Germany. Anyways, I learned first hand these things are overrated. Nice work so far, just would like to advise you to save your system money for when this thing starts crapping out on you.

what amp are you thinking about running on that sub?
Got a dc audio 2.0k coming my way August 1st.

The wife had an '02 A4.. she was b!tching one day about me spending money on something or another, so I drove it to the scrap yard, crushed it for $270, and gave her the cash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif she dont complain about my spending anymore...
The car was ridiculous though. A bolt came off on the suspension (not a big deal, just caused a squeak) and it cost $98 for a new one... a Bolt. Regular everyday bolt, this one just happened to be shipped from Germany. Anyways, I learned first hand these things are overrated. Nice work so far, just would like to advise you to save your system money for when this thing starts crapping out on you.
Got a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty on it lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.