18" BTL interchangeable port enclosure :D

fantastic job on the box. BUT please do not use pvc, buy aero ports. You will be VERY surprised on the gain in output. Then you never need to change anything either. Just stuff a rag in a port etc....

Thanks guys. As for size...that box is almost the largest I could make it, period...I might have been able to get away with another .5" taller and another 1" longer but thats about it.

As for the PVC/Aero ports....Yea aero ports would have been preferred...but I can always snag some in the near future and see the difference..

And I may be adding a few lengths of all-thread bar for supports in the near future as well.

And this is the older-style BTL...triple magnet...kind of want to try out a new one (Or 2 of them next summer *shhh...keep your eyes out for that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

I coated the inside of the enclosure and the back of the port-wall last night with fiberglass resin and will do another coat today...along with adding some vertical supports and will be pooling resin in the corners to add strength and smooth-out the corners so they arent just 90 degrees

Will have pics later

I didn't say the box wouldn't make noise. Just going to sound like garbage. You would be better off putting a 15 in a proper box than putting an 18 in a cramped one.
It sounded great, much better than I thought it would...and 4.7 cubes for an 18 isnt really pushing the limits or anything....tons of people put them in 5 cubic feet even when they have the room to go larger...I would like it to be 5 cubes net, but that pretty much cant happen here. And already tested it out even with shotty sealing of the port wall it sounds good (only a couple screws were in and just plugging all the other holes)....nice n low is the way to go

And thanks guys...I'll have some pics up after I finish resin'ing the inside and a couple other improvements

Thanks guys, and my friend has a pretty darn nice camera I can use for some vids instead of my digi-cam....digi-cams ftl on vids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.