Project Expedition (old pics)

I wasn't gonna post up pics of the build so I don't have any pics prior to this...

014-2.jpg

took the factory door panel wrapped it and glassed, couple of layers of kitty hair and bondo on it and sanded fairly smooth.

Then we had to attach pieces of wood to the back of the panel in order to screw it to the top part of the door panel from the back, this way it not only strengthens the panel and the door but if you use enough screws it won't rattle or take a chance of falling off the door lol

013-2.jpg

Didn't get any pics of the process of molding out the a pillars...wasn't much to it though.

Cut the panel where the tweeter would be located, ca glued the tweeter pod in place and took a little bondo and molded up to the cup. Very simple to do and has a pretty factory look to it when completed with minimal curves on the panel.

012-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

And sprayed back with ppg paint that was mixed to be a pretty close interior match.

btw: didn't use texture paint becuase the texture on the dash and doors is totally different then the texture paint and the gloss finish looks kind of classy but not overdone

thought u hated CA.com;)
ya know...I used to think I did...

But looking back its not that I hated the people or the site, I'm just used to a place like termpro where I personally know 95% of the people there. And most are knowledgeable competitors.

CA.com is a place where the average joe comes. Gets help on a nice daily driving system and is happy.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that termpro is superior but its a totally different demographic of people

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.