Fi BTL Thoughts

Participant count
  • Participant list
Anything from Fi is going to be quality made and hand built in house. Yes they use chinese magnets like everyone but coils are from the US and the steel is done in house.

I love the Fi Xv3's I have if it wasn't for them not taking more power I wouldn't replace them. Fi just does quality stuff period. Even the coils when I looked at them have the order number and what ohm they are written on them.

Well, the more I talk with Andras at RA audio the more I want one of his subs. He is going to build me a tight gap Sig motor 15. He has supplied me with HX power parts in the past and the dude is a rebuild rep for B2 and also builds there bigger subs, I don't think i can go wrong with him.

Attachments

• 341119835_154900354198107_5046557543379163097_n.jpg
    341119835_154900354198107_5046557543379163097_n.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 20
Should talk to @djdilliodon! as well he does nothing but custom built subwoofers. I know the ones I quoted from him would be around 100lbs each. And he uses US Precision coils as well and the one I got quoted was using Italian spiders iirc.

Last edited:
Well, the more I talk with Andras at RA audio the more I want one of his subs. He is going to build me a tight gap Sig motor 15.
He is on the up and up. I have done a fair bit of trading with him over the years and met him and his family several years back when he lived in the Bronx and I traveled more.

Be sure you know what you're getting into with '05 sig though, it's not some 8 layer coil you can throw 3000W into continuously and they like large box for best results.

He is on the up and up. I have done a fair bit of trading with him over the years and met him and his family several years back when he lived in the Bronx and I traveled more.

Be sure you know what you're getting into with '05 sig though, it's not some 8 layer coil you can throw 3000W into continuously and they like large box for best results.
Man I was just about to pull the trigger and SSA was super cool so I bought their Evil sub. Yeah RA was telling me 2k on the thin gap and 4.5k plus on the wide gap.

Yeah RA was telling me 2k on the thin gap and 4.5k plus on the wide gap.
Unless we're talking about pairing them with amps of those ratings I wouldn't call that honest, but probably consistent with what the vast majority of brands would rate a woofer with comparable size coils. For what its worth I've been told that the JL W7 coils fit in the '05 sig. For another point of reference either coil is quite similar (in mass and dimensions) to older DD95XX and the older Audioque HDC3 which both use a rather tight gap 3" coil. So comparable to any of those, '02 sig is a big gap that can hold just about any 8 layer you can find. I used to rebuild mine with Nightshade coils back when Jacob would sell parts direct to us mortals.

Would recommend Sig for a good platform though. Use DD box size/port ratios and they will perform great. See if you can get it in 12" if you cannot make room for at least 4 cube net.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...