17 Year Old - Little Help

a simple line out converter tapped into the factory sub wiring is all that you would need your crossovers are built into your amp and sometimes your radio. unless u are using a really old amp u shouldnt need anything other than: sub, box, amp, line out converter, and a amp kit. couple of various connector and you should be good

Id do one 12 for ur car ported, its a small car and you dont want to put a lot of subs in there, one nice 12 will be plenty

ORION HCCA 12 1st Gen Old School Brand New warranty. | eBay

██► American Bass XFL-1244 2000W 12" XFL Sub Subwoofer | eBay

if you do 1 sub ported

RWE304 MB Quart 12" Sub 1000 Watt by Rockford Fosgate | eBay

then if u want 2 do 2 12 inchs ubs id do these, there designed for sealed and would be perfect and easier to make a box

for amps

MB QUART ONX1.1000D 1000W RMS MONO CLASS D AMPLIFIER | eBay

CADENCE F1200-1D 2400 WATT CLASS D MONO-BLOCK AMPLIFIER | eBay

CADENCE F1200-1D 2400 WATT MONO CAR AMPLIFIER + AMP KIT | eBay

this one comes witha 2 guage wiring kit for only 20 bucks more, cant beat that

or

a simple line out converter tapped into the factory sub wiring is all that you would need your crossovers are built into your amp and sometimes your radio. unless u are using a really old amp u shouldnt need anything other than: sub, box, amp, line out converter, and a amp kit. couple of various connector and you should be good

Even if I put 2 subs in the back?

I want an amp that will allow me to power 2 12s fine now and an entire system LATER. Also I am not going to be upgrading the HU right now as that would require me to rip out the entire dash, the stock one is actually pretty good. So no need for now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MB-QUART-ONX4-125-4-CHANNEL-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-1000W-/280679449032?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item4159cc81c8#ht_1714wt_905

Is this really a good amp?

Id do one 12 for ur car ported, its a small car and you dont want to put a lot of subs in there, one nice 12 will be plenty
ORION HCCA 12 1st Gen Old School Brand New warranty. | eBay

██► American Bass XFL-1244 2000W 12" XFL Sub Subwoofer | eBay

if you do 1 sub ported

RWE304 MB Quart 12" Sub 1000 Watt by Rockford Fosgate | eBay

then if u want 2 do 2 12 inchs ubs id do these, there designed for sealed and would be perfect and easier to make a box

for amps

MB QUART ONX1.1000D 1000W RMS MONO CLASS D AMPLIFIER | eBay

CADENCE F1200-1D 2400 WATT CLASS D MONO-BLOCK AMPLIFIER | eBay

CADENCE F1200-1D 2400 WATT MONO CAR AMPLIFIER + AMP KIT | eBay

this one comes witha 2 guage wiring kit for only 20 bucks more, cant beat that

or
That American Bass Sub and Orion sub are both over over 1000w and the MB Quart amp is only 1k watt. Wouldn't that not work? Is CADENCE a good brand?

That American Bass Sub and Orion sub are both over over 1000w and the MB Quart amp is only 1k watt. Wouldn't that not work? Is CADENCE a good brand?
You'd be perfectly fine running that Orion or AB sub on the MB quart amp, both nice choices too. Yes Cadence is a good brand.

So I am thinking doing with the Orion Sub and the MB Quart Amp, does that amp have a built in cross over? Also will that be able to run a HU and Hi's and Low's (6 in the cabin) as well as the Orion sub? Or not enough power?

I want to know just in case I do end up ripping everything out.

ffs almost all(99.99%) of mono blocks have a built in crossover. To install an amp you would need to remove the headunit either way. Either replace it, or wire in a line out converter. Dont be afraid to buy used or you will most always over pay. I would buy something between 400-700 watts and a single ported 12. Other people have agreed with me so I dont understand what you are still asking. Not to be rude but you asked for advice and pretty much all of us had the same thoughts and/or concerns.

trust us dude. i know **** well i wish i would have researched harder before i bought my first system. trust us bro. everyone has given you good advice and i know if you pull into school with any of those setups you would probably be towards the top of anyone elses set ups. were telling you how to do things right the first time, how to save your money, and what's the best options for your buck. if you're worried about ripping into your car you don't want a system because trust me you will upgrade sooner or later //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif all of us here were satisfied with our first system for maybe a couple weeks at best! good luck with your build bro

ffs almost all(99.99%) of mono blocks have a built in crossover. To install an amp you would need to remove the headunit either way. Either replace it, or wire in a line out converter. Dont be afraid to buy used or you will most always over pay. I would buy something between 400-700 watts and a single ported 12. Other people have agreed with me so I dont understand what you are still asking. Not to be rude but you asked for advice and pretty much all of us had the same thoughts and/or concerns.

It isn't that I don't agree. It is just that I either don't understand what you are saying (still learning the terminology) or making sure because I heard something else elsewhere. I started a new thread with what I twiddled it down to. Thanks a lot man. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.