What are your thoughts on mix and match sub builds?

marquisbrah
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I see a lot of "builds" with different subwoofers. I

Like 2 15s, One a kicker and another one a fosgate, or what have you.

Anyway, i never heard such systems, just seen them. One guy i know has a kicker L5 and an L7 and says they dont sound bad, but i was just curious. Thoughts? Anyone has a story they wanna share?

thats like a def no no..what sounds good to him is up for debate lol.. cause you can bet it doesnt sound "good" probably sounds like ***... a) theres a reason you dont see people doing this alot because it doesnt sound good b) those two sub models sound like **** anyhow.

yeah when u see someone with mix matched subs and they are telling you it gets loud and sounds good..you can pretty much know they have no f'n clue what they are talkin about, no clue what loud is, and what good sounds like lol.
Dead on, beat me to it. Especially if they are sayin L7's sound good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

i swear to god bro u ask some of the dumbest ****** questions around......anyone who knows there shiit about car audio knows not to mix subs...
Oh no you did not! well all i have to say is.....fuckyou sis.....

Not srs....or maybe i am? Nah juss kidding....but really fuckyou...or not?

I may be a certified noob, but i still cant help but lol when people describe their setups with 2 or 3 different subs.

While im here i might as well ask, (off topic)

im going to drill my amp to the metal behind the rear seats. Should i use a wooden board or can i just drill straight into the metal? My amp keeps moving around and my 1/0 wires barely fit into the amp, but a sharp turn could really yank em out easily. Just wonderin because im not sure if the area is actually part of the chassis.

I may be a certified noob, but i still cant help but lol when people describe their setups with 2 or 3 different subs. While im here i might as well ask, (off topic)

im going to drill my amp to the metal behind the rear seats. Should i use a wooden board or can i just drill straight into the metal? My amp keeps moving around and my 1/0 wires barely fit into the amp, but a sharp turn could really yank em out easily. Just wonderin because im not sure if the area is actually part of the chassis.
Always use a piece of wood or something solid for the amp to secure to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.