1600 watts to a BL?

Puppet Master
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Fargo, ND
Would this be too much for this sub? I am gonna power 1 15'' Fi BL with a Hifonics 1606D...and at 1 ohm the amp supposedly gives out 1600 watts....However at 2 ohms it gives 1100, so should I just forget the 1 ohm and just hook it up at 2?

It wont mind 1600 at all if you have the cooling on it... thermally. Mechanically they all versions are similar and are good for that power level.

Thanks,

Scott

It wont mind 1600 at all if you have the cooling on it... thermally. Mechanically they all versions are similar and are good for that power level.
Thanks,

Scott
So it will be fine then? this from the OFFICIAL source??

Yea i got the same anwser from scott I am putting a xx-zeus which is rated for 1600 but will prolly put out a lil more. I got the fully loaded BL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.