150+ RMS x 2 @ 4 ohm amp

Those components are not known to handle a large amount of power particularly well. We have a few amplifiers that would be a great match for MS-62C. Precision Power i350.2 (115W x 2), Massive Audio NX2 (120W x 2), Clarion XC6210 (85W x 2, this will make every bit of that power and a little more).

@Vertex Audio ; has a couple of the Boston GT2125. Ran my MS comps on them for almost a full year and they made a very nice setup. Realistically, I wouldn't put more than 100W on the passives as the tweeter starts to get pissed off at you for it.

Thank you guys for the suggestions and input. I pulled a retard moment and ordered the JBL's thinking they were 160rms EACH and not a PAIR. DERP!.

Well not that my power needs are cut in half I think I have some more options.

I like that Boston amp talked about above. I also found PPI PC360.2 for a decent deal (or what I think is one), would the PPI be a good choice?

Thank you guys for the suggestions and input. I pulled a retard moment and ordered the JBL's thinking they were 160rms EACH and not a PAIR. DERP!.
Well not that my power needs are cut in half I think I have some more options.

I like that Boston amp talked about above. I also found PPI PC360.2 for a decent deal (or what I think is one), would the PPI be a good choice?
It's a pretty decent footprint, but you do get A/B power along with it. Personally, I'd go with the Boston. You're going to get better build quality and the ratings are much more in favor of reaching clean output at above rated power. While a DD-1 isn't the most LOVED unit on the market, using it to test my 2125 got me at 183Wx2 at 4 ohms and almost 1300Wx1 at 2 ohms. Lol at ratings when THD is 0.03 percent...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.