15 years later ...

CaTcH21

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 11, 2020
South Africa
Hi everyone đź‘‹

Newbie from South Africa here ...

Back in the early 2000's , was thumping the streets and comps with DD's / USAmps / Treo's ( Still got the SS 15 ) / Ground Zero's ...

I am now looking to build a sound car , a VW Golf MKVII is on my radar.

Browsing through the forum , i came across brands like Fi , Adire ( back then I think the Brahma was still making a name for itself ) , Stereo Integrity , Sundown etc .

I would like some expert advice on what (1 x ) 15" sub ( I favour 15's over 12's but will consider 18's ) and amp to buy.

I love bass and would like to feel the low's. All in all i want SQ with some serious bass.

I already have Gladen splits , so I'm covered in that department.

I will need to import them since they're not available this side, so need to get the right stuff first time.

No budget.

Thank you (y)

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
That Brahma was a kick ass sub. Haven’t seen one of those in awhile. I ran a 15 inch RE MX back in the day. Probably the loudest single sub I’ve personally ran. it was pretty loud for sure, but I was never a 15 inch guy. I’ve honestly only ran 2 15s in my vehicle over the years. 10s were always what I leaned towards.

Reactions: CaTcH21

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Adire was good back then. I've seen the originals in person and they are great performers, so far looks like the new versions are keeping up high standards so I think you'd be very happy. As far as cone size, figure out how much volume you have for a box and go from there.

Reactions: CaTcH21

jrouter76

jrouter76
10+ year member
Apr 22, 2005
Mount Vernon ,Illinois
Welcome aboar

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Latest classifieds