15" Subwoofer choice

giltyler

Senior VIP Member
Thinking about a single 15" over 2 lesser 12" subs and want constructive feedback

Amplifier is T1000-1bdcp and birth sheet states 1509 if that matters.

Sub budget is $300-350

Rock Country little bit of RAP and Bass Mechanic type stuff

Box will sit in the back of a Crew Cab on the storage tray and there is plenty of space

Id probably do the SSA Icon personally. if you want something a little more punchy maybe the IA deathrow. the death row is another very nice woofer..

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

the soundrive is ******* too. id imagine they WANG in 5 cubes

Thanks for the ideas guys

I have looked at all of the mentioned subs and probably am over thinking it.

I notice no one mentioned DC should I read between the lines?

Papermaker clear your inbox

SSA XCON....you won't regret it. IMO, it sounded better than my ED 13av.2, FI Q, Sundown X, MTX 9500, Obsidian Audio, and Havoc.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Never mind, XCON is a bit over your budget.

i never used DC. i can only tell you from a technical standpoint what alignments i would suggest..

Ive used several FI woofers and hear more. ive have woofers built by IA that's why i recommend them. ive used alot of woofers abut alot over them i feel are over priced so i dont care to recommend them..

My DC lvl 4 m1 were nice I just wasn't loud with them. My buddy had two DC xl 18s m1s in a jimmy on DC 3.5k and was doing 150+ at 29hz. It was nasty only clamping 1400watts

My DC lvl 4 m1 were nice I just wasn't loud with them. My buddy had two DC xl 18s m1s in a jimmy on DC 3.5k and was doing 150+ at 29hz. It was nasty only clamping 1400watts
That doesn't make sense. So he's loud with his but you weren't with yours...?

My gut tells me to get a new Icon but my wallet said get the FI BL I found that is fully loaded for $225 shipped

It has hyper pole, cooling, direct leads, 8 layer flat wound, daily, universal

Going to see right at 1500 RMS before box rise

It is used but looks great with shiny coil

This is just for daily use and box will be tailored to suit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.