15 inch l7 power handeling

Bomtillington

CarAudio.com Elite
hi guys im trying to decide how much theese subs can take ive heard they are terribly underated i am going to put them in a sealed box around 5 cubic feet toatal because of space reasons they are the 2011 dual 2 ohm models so i was going to wire each one down to one ohm and feed each woork a hifionics zrx 1500 would this be too much?

I have the 08 15 L7 and have it pushed off an AP1800.1 in a 4 cube ported box tuned to 33hz. Once you break em in they eat the power no problem. Make sure you break it in before you pit full power to it. Once mine wore in a lil not it hasn't had any smells or anything. Been thumping away for 2-3 years now

L7's don't take much more than rated. And before I ran 2 of them sealed in 5 cubes I'd run 1 ported with 5 cubes. You'd get more output and in a nice custom box tuned low the one is going to sound better as well.

hi guys im trying to decide how much theese subs can take ive heard they are terribly underated i am going to put them in a sealed box around 5 cubic feet toatal because of space reasons they are the 2011 dual 2 ohm models so i was going to wire each one down to one ohm and feed each woork a hifionics zrx 1500 would this be too much?
The box size is not ideal but will work. Just make sure the box is two seperate chambers or, if its not and you know how, gain-match the amps.

Tuning an L7 enclosure low is almost as pointless as running them sealed. Almost. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

No they can't. The X can. You know there is a difference between lows from cone area and lows from high excursion motor force
If my friends crap VVMe 10s can play low 20s, im sure the l7s can play the high 20s

My CVRS could play the high 20s....

If my friends crap VVMe 10s can play low 20s, im sure the l7s can play the high 20s
My CVRS could play the high 20s....
I'm not saying they won't play it. I'm saying it won't be the same as a sub that can play it well. Play it with some force behind it

L7s can pick up lows just fine
I wouldn't put more than 1000 rms to each.
That's what I said. Instead of running 2 of them sealed in 5 cubes he should run 1 of them ported in 5 cubes with the box tuned low. Then I got DDtC who is OBVIOUSLY the authority on the "low lows" telling me that tuning an enclosure for L7's is pointless.

That's what I said. Instead of running 2 of them sealed in 5 cubes he should run 1 of them ported in 5 cubes with the box tuned low. Then I got DDtC who is OBVIOUSLY the authority on the "low lows" telling me that tuning an enclosure for L7's is pointless.
L7s preform better tuned higher. It's in their design. They have weak motors, heavy soft parts, no excursion. Not the best combo for the lows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.