14v battery questions

5YUbBvo.jpg

do you know anything about battery characteristics
dude the cells sum voltage is 12.8 volts. to charge them you need a higher voltage. its that easy. the 12volt rating is misleading. some cells are 2 volts some are 2.2 it depends on the battery. to charge a battery you voltage just has to be higher than the batterys cell voltage to re saturate the battery. it doesn't HAVE to be 16 volts it will charge fine at 14.4 as long as the cells are lower than that

Anyways.... op with your setup of 1200rms, I would do that big 3, replace your starter battery with a decent agm that fits your bay and you should be fine.

I think *could be wrong* but your car fits group 34 or group 78.

My stater battery is an XS D3400. I ran that up to 1500 rms no issues back in the day.

You can just do your big 3, run the system and see what type of voltage you're holding, then if you need, put that new battery in.

What's your point? The video u posted they are charging 16.4v on a 14v battery... that's completely going against what u have been saying
point is it is possible. charging a battery just requires at least a voltage above rest charge UP TO the cell voltage limitation. will it charge as fast? no but it will charge.

point is it is possible. charging a battery just requires at least a voltage above rest charge UP TO the cell voltage limitation. will it charge as fast? no but it will charge.
Ur not following at all. The OP wants to keep his 12v alt and 12v batt under the hood and then ADD a 14v batt in the rear... which is not a good idea... the video you showed is doing a complete 14v system. Those are two totally different things... no one said he couldn't do a 14v system, we said you can't mix 12v and 14v

Ur not following at all. The OP wants to keep his 12v alt and 12v batt under the hood and then ADD a 14v batt in the rear... which is not a good idea... the video you showed is doing a complete 14v system. Those are two totally different things... no one said he couldn't do a 14v system, we said you can't mix 12v and 14v
All he has to do is get a voltage regulator and turn it up to about 15.5

if im reading 12.8 at my amp terminals does this mean im not clipping? and i can raise the volume until i reach those yellow zones?

if im reading 12.8 at my amp terminals does this mean im not clipping? and i can raise the volume until i reach those yellow zones?
No. I would not be happy with that voltage drop.

Either you're clipping, or your electrical is insufficient for the load you're placing on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.