13Ov.2 D4's...$70.00

Are you attempting to pwn me with your mad image downloading skillz?

Crisis7.jpg

I think if eD was a real company, they would have layers of depts that wouldn't allow this to happen. Apparently at ElementalDesigns, "b-stock" means customer ships product back as defective or whatever, eD places it on a pallet (not to be confused with a 'pile', that would be so much worse), new customer calls to purchase b-stock item, employee grabs piece from pallet and places it in shipping box.
Or, did the receiving dept have an isolated incident when they accepted this obvious user error in the first place? Did the refurb department have an isolated incident in not inspecting/fixing the surround? And then the stocking crew had an isolated incident not seeing it when placing it on the pallet. And then the guy who grabbed it off the pallet and boxed it also had an isolated incident. Are you getting it yet?

Let me spell it out for you guys. B-stock means cosmetic flaws. This means a real company would insure the product ONLY has cosmetic problems, at worst, before shipping the product. It doesn't mean simply re-selling junk an unhappy customer sent back without even looking at it. How could so many isolated incidents occur to end up with a customer receiving a product with an OBVIOUS problem? But all you guys give is lip service.... 'yeah we are embarrassed, but it only happened once'.

Ive run manufacturing facilities from the ground up, including over seeing inventory, shipping and receiving, etc. If I had ever shown such a propensity for 'isolated incidents', or allowed so many breakdowns in procedure that a customer was shipped such a flawed product, I would have been fired. But to you good ole boys at eD, its just another mistake to brush off as isolated. Standard procedure around there apparently.

Maybe in another year Ben should clear house and fire everyone. That way the new wave of employees can claim they weren't there for the now current scandals, therefore they dont matter either. Right? Again, whether YOU were there or not is totally irrelevant. Its simply another excuse.

And yes, when a customer called up and said he received a speaker from you that had a screwdriver hole through it, saying 'we really cant know each item's problems because they all come off the same PALLET' its still a piss poor excuse. Pile or pallet, the problem still remains the same.
I forgot about "discussions" with you.

I'll just leave you believing that we do this to as many people as we possibly can and yet, somehow, remain profitable and in business. There is no changing your mind that occasionally mistakes do happen. It's the resolution that really counts IMO and in this case the customer was happy with the outcome.

Would it be better to have never happened? Yeah, but it did and we took care of him.

Maybe her boyfriend put it on for her? Maybe it was opposite or sideways day? Idk but that looks uncomfortable.

Audioholic, really if you don't like eD, you don't need to be in the thread flaming them over mistakes. They're giving their community base a huge discount and all I wanted to do was tell other people that weren't aware about it, not b itch about it.

I'm not yelling at you, just talking to you...no need to fight over a stupid problem anymore, it's settled and over with, besides it had nothing to do with you anyways.

I forgot about "discussions" with you.
I'll just leave you believing that we do this to as many people as we possibly can and yet, somehow, remain profitable and in business. There is no changing your mind that occasionally mistakes do happen. It's the resolution that really counts IMO and in this case the customer was happy with the outcome.

Would it be better to have never happened? Yeah, but it did and we took care of him.
Discussions with me as in I dont pull punches? Guilty.
I have never indicated I think eD does this to 'as many people as possible'. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif I thought I made my point quite clear, the 'oh well it happens' attitude that come from eD, time and again. This situation, that you dismiss as 'isolated', was caused by a breakdown of more than one department in your business.

You would NOT still be in business if you did not make good on such 'isolated incidents' as these. You eventually sent him what he payed for, a speaker with no hole in it, bravo.

Maybe her boyfriend put it on for her? Maybe it was opposite or sideways day? Idk but that looks uncomfortable.Audioholic, really if you don't like eD, you don't need to be in the thread flaming them over mistakes. They're giving their community base a huge discount and all I wanted to do was tell other people that weren't aware about it, not b itch about it.

I'm not yelling at you, just talking to you...no need to fight over a stupid problem anymore, it's settled and over with, besides it had nothing to do with you anyways.
I do not take your comments as an attack. Thanks for saying so tho.
In all fairness to me, I was called on not having my facts straight in this thread, which were correct. I would not have otherwise continued like this.

Just wanted to say...mine came in this morning, and they're cosmetically 100%. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Heavier than I expected too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jer_stud56

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
jer_stud56
Caraudio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date