13Ov.2 D4's...$70.00

2 of my subs (bought 4 ) have scuffs and chipped paint on the bottom of the magnet due to shipping I guess .. What do I do ? Worth letting ED know ? Ive ordered many things from them in the past and never had any issues and what not so I may just let it fly .

Ill have to call ED on monday and see what they say ..
Mine have a little paint missing on the bottom of the magnet too. Is it a big deal? No. I'm installing them (actually already did) with the magnet in so I don't care.

Btw these go quite a bit lower and are quite a bit louder than my Kv's. Love them so far, can't wait til they're fully broke in.

Pics...the Kv's and Ov's together in some of them.

I'd be pissed. Mine better not show up with any scuffs, or eD will be hearing from me.
Believe me , at first I was like WTF is this shlt lol . But I did buy them just for the hell of it . I recently bought 2 13Av's from ED also so two of the 13Ov2's will be going into my girlfriends car and the other 2 I'll probably sell locally .

you think 2 of these would get any sort of loud or not really?
im hearing these are mainly SQ woofers, would 2 stand a chance between a TRF 15"
If you're looking for a ton of bass I would possibly look elsewhere...it's just a daily driver. I like my music to be loud and be able to hear good bass, not hear any distortion.

I'm going to get a video today again possibly. I took one yesterday, but it was the first time I was even listening to them, and it was in my driveway, but I have old neighbors so I didn't turn it up. Plus I'm not gonna blast them while they're breaking in. I'll go somewhere sort of secluded today possibly (it's pretty nice out) and take a vid or 2. I broke them in pretty good last night //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As for the weight, I was just surprised it was that heavy. I wasn't thinking about it and tried to just casually lift them both into my house. Wasn't going to work if I didn't want to throw out my back. I can throw one of my Kv's in the air with no problem and handle it with one hand, the Ov's are hard to hold up with one hand. Was just saying...

As for the scratches I think it's possible they put them all out on the floor / tables / pallets and were moving them around a lot because they were getting shipped out. If it's really that big of a deal (if you're reselling or facing the magnets out) then I would say something I suppose, but I'm not going to bother wasting a week getting different ones just cause there's some paint missing.

Benchambers - all I said was :08:s don't have any reason to b itch at me, go ahead and say my avatar is "not cool" - get firefox, turn on adblock, and block the picture. It's that simple.

As for power, it's 1000w @ 1ohm. Gains are probably 60% right now. I could probably turn it up some more, but the bass was already drowning out my speakers (stock because I'm soon to be changing cars) so I had to turn the bass down on my deck.

1000w on these subs are definitely enough though. 1200w and you probably won't notice a difference. just by changing the gains and such a little bit.

As for the scratches I think it's possible they put them all out on the floor / tables / pallets and were moving them around a lot because they were getting shipped out. If it's really that big of a deal (if you're reselling or facing the magnets out) then I would say something I suppose, but I'm not going to bother wasting a week getting different ones just cause there's some paint missing.

Exactly..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jer_stud56

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
jer_stud56
Caraudio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date