13 Mustang, need some advice on upcoming build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris1320

Hello, first sorry for my lack of knowledge. I've been out of the car audio thing for a while. So any advice would be appreciated. I have a 13 GT and I'm wanting to do 3 ways in the doors. I'm leaning towards the Focal ps165f3's or Morel Virtus 603. Has any one done a three way set up in this body style Mustang(10-14), and has there been any issues in getting the sound right? I will have a shop do the install, but have to find one. based on some reviews and talking to a few places, I don't know if anyone in town (Indianapolis) would be able to install and tune the three ways correctly. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I haven't purchased anything yet. But for amps probably an Arc KS300.4 for the fronts and matching for the sub. But I'm pretty open to options on that though, depending on what I can get for a reasonable price. Sub will probably be a 12" Morel Primo or Hertz hx3000. The reviews seem to be positive and I want to try something different than I've had in the past. Head unit will be a Pioneer 4100 nex. So it's not the highest end sq build ever, but should sound pretty decent for my budget.

So I guess my questions are., in my car is it more trouble than it's worth to go with the 3 ways vs the same model of 2 ways?

And does anyone have any recommendations for a good installer around Indianapolis, Chicago, Cincy Louisville area?

Dumb question time. Would I be able to run 3 ways active off of a 4 ch. amp, or do I need 6ch. ?

Or would running them passive (on 4 ch) sound as good?

Thanks for reading, and any help!

Hello, first sorry for my lack of knowledge. I've been out of the car audio thing for a while. So any advice would be appreciated. I have a 13 GT and I'm wanting to do 3 ways in the doors. I'm leaning towards the Focal ps165f3's or Morel Virtus 603. Has any one done a three way set up in this body style Mustang(10-14), and has there been any issues in getting the sound right? I will have a shop do the install, but have to find one. based on some reviews and talking to a few places, I don't know if anyone in town (Indianapolis) would be able to install and tune the three ways correctly. Hopefully I'm wrong. I haven't purchased anything yet. But for amps probably an Arc KS300.4 for the fronts and matching for the sub. But I'm pretty open to options on that though, depending on what I can get for a reasonable price. Sub will probably be a 12" Morel Primo or Hertz hx3000. The reviews seem to be positive and I want to try something different than I've had in the past. Head unit will be a Pioneer 4100 nex. So it's not the highest end sq build ever, but should sound pretty decent for my budget.

So I guess my questions are., in my car is it more trouble than it's worth to go with the 3 ways vs the same model of 2 ways?

And does anyone have any recommendations for a good installer around Indianapolis, Chicago, Cincy Louisville area?

Dumb question time. Would I be able to run 3 ways active off of a 4 ch. amp, or do I need 6ch. ?

Or would running them passive (on 4 ch) sound as good?

Thanks for reading, and any help!
Do you have the Shaker system? If you're having a shop do it then I highly suggest that they do full door treatments. I'm running 8" mid bass in the stock sub spot and 6x8 in the stock mid spot but the mids are completely sealed off from the rest of the door. The tweets (soft dome) are in the sail panels on axis (had to relocate the mirror switch on the driver side). Takes a lot of work but the results are great. Love my front stage.

Thanks for the reply. Ya I have the Shaker 500. Your set up seems like it'd work better than the ones I've seen with the 3" and tweeter in the stock location above the 8". Did you build your panels for the tweets, or is there by chance a company that sells them?

In the 03 I had prior it was nice that there was a tweeter already in that position with the Mach 460, was an easy swap. As far as deadening I was figuring on Raamat and ensolite.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.