12" sub question

well obviously no matter how much u spend u need to have the best box, and an eq will help tons.

but if u buy a crappy product, even in its best box, it can still sound not very good. sure u can make it sound ok, but idk about everyone else, but even on a budget i want better than ok. i want to be happy. i want to like the sound, not just say eh thats ok

Yeah it is all dependent on the product being used, the vehicle it is being used in, and the goal of the buyer. When on a budget I think it is better to spend either the extra time to build it yourself or the extra 50-75 bucks it will probably cost you to have one built over a prefab rather then spending that amount extra on your speakers. Results will always vary based on the knoledge of the person designing the box of course, and when it comes to box design I will admit my knowledge is limited, but I know someone who does a fantatstic job on all their designs, so I haven't felt the need to experiment myself, given the cost of materials to build many boxes compared to the the cost of a design and only needing to build one box

Well if you read what was quoted above the post. You would see that it says all things being equal a 15 dollar flea market sub will not compare to something that cost 20 or 30x that. What I am saying is that it is possible to make an inferior sub respond better then one would expect. On the flipside, it is also very easy to make a 400 dollar sub respond extremely poorly. Point being, if you don't know what your doing, you are going to have a very hard time accomplishing your goals. Whereas, if you do know what you are doing, you may be able to spend less money and have a comparable system to someone who knows less even though spent more. If you know your **** and you buy higher quality components, why would you not expect better results. I mean you can probably try to find something to nitpick about this so go for it, but this will be my last response.
Right I fully agree.. I was speaking in general comparing quick implied responses.. Now since everyone has got way off the topic of this thread this kind of debate shouldn't continue unless the thread starter, XEnophontos, asked for its continuation. Farther debate about this kind of information can be done in another thread of its relation.

Or for a simple example. I think it is better to have 2 80 dollar subs in a custom box rather then 2 100 dollar subs in a prefab box, and that is what it comes down to for the majority of people with systems aren't putting 1000+ watts in the trunk.

Sorry, did not see above post, but I am done

To answer OP question finally... I would price out all of your options and whatever you can get the best deal on go with it. Make sure the enclosure is designed and built solid, and you will be happy with any of those choices. I never have had any experience personally with dayton subwoofers, but they make nice midranges.

I appreciate all the information guys, just assume all the subs will be in the same spec box, I plan on building the box myself, I've never built a ported box before but I'll get some help and see how it goes. I learn by my mistakes anyways haha, thanks alot though.

I appreciate all the information guys, just assume all the subs will be in the same spec box, I plan on building the box myself, I've never built a ported box before but I'll get some help and see how it goes. I learn by my mistakes anyways haha, thanks alot though.
For one's first time building a ported enclosure, PSP Aero Ports can save the day. Cut hole, cut port, insert in hole, seal hole, done. They save significant space as well.

Best wishes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.