12" sub question

Sound quality is so often misrepressented. Sound quality is the ability of a speaker/subwoofer to have a flat response curve over a specific frequency range. That being said sound quality is more determined by a well designed enclosure for a given vehicle/sub(s)/amp(s) rather then just sub A or sub B thrown in some prefab garb.
if sound quality is soley flat response, buy an eq and cheapest speakers amps and sub and ur set. eq can make it all flat right?

Sound quality is so often misrepressented. Sound quality is the ability of a speaker/subwoofer to have a flat response curve over a specific frequency range. That being said sound quality is more determined by a well designed enclosure for a given vehicle/sub(s)/amp(s) rather then just sub A or sub B thrown in some prefab garb.
Couldn't agree with that more, you can design a box that will flatten the curve of any sub, and the enclosure affects the performance a great degree. Never seen a ported/sealed box outperform a well designed/built horn.

if sound quality is soley flat response, buy an eq and cheapest speakers amps and sub and ur set. eq can make it all flat right?
Yes. Sound quality by definition is the ability to reproduce a flat response. Maybe reading is greater then you because I specifically said it is the sub's ability to accomplish this. While it is possible to make an inferior sub score higher then it's superior counterpart, it takes more work and knoweldge. All things being equal, nobody is going to argue how the 15 dollar flea market sub you speak of will compare to something that cost 20 or 30x that. I appreciate your comment though because I am sure it was helpful to everyone that read it

Yes. Sound quality by definition is the ability to reproduce a flat response. Maybe reading is greater then you because I specifically said it is the sub's ability to accomplish this. While it is possible to make an inferior sub score higher then it's superior counterpart, it takes more work and knoweldge. All things being equal, nobody is going to argue how the 15 dollar flea market sub you speak of will compare to something that cost 20 or 30x that. I appreciate your comment though because I am sure it was helpful to everyone that read it
^I like this guy.^ He can stay.

I've got a 12'' IA Lethal Injection and it pounds. Running it on 700 watts right now and I couldnt be happier with it. Sounds great and really shakes the hell out of my car. I think people tend to overlook IA sometimes. They are great subs.

A lotta people will knock the type-x because it is a mainstream brand. I loved mine on 2k RMS in a sealed box. Wish I thought to make videos of such from back in the day, I had people get out of my car because they were feeling sick LOL. Keep in mind I live in South Dakota and car audio is not very popular to say the least. I loved how low they got.

so those who buy more expensive gear do it for 2 reasons. 1 because they lack the knowledge and are lazy to do it to make it sound good and 2 in hopes that a more expensive product can some how compensate for their crappy box?

Keep putting words into my mouth, I hope you find some sort of hapiness in it. Some people actually come on here to teach as well as learn more about the hobby we all enjoy. If I could only invent TROLL-B-GONE I would be rich!

Keep putting words into my mouth, I hope you find some sort of hapiness in it. Some people actually come on here to teach as well as learn more about the hobby we all enjoy. If I could only invent TROLL-B-GONE I would be rich!
do u not see my question marks? im asking you questions since u know more than i...

so those who buy more expensive gear do it for 2 reasons. 1 because they lack the knowledge and are lazy to do it to make it sound good and 2 in hopes that a more expensive product can some how compensate for their crappy box?
I understand your haste in typing this, which is a reasonable input as well as Chriszle's input. But back to the jest of what Chriszle was implying.. So if you take a bit of what both of you have mentioned, Cruzer implying that knowledge is very necessary for SQ and Chriszle implying that a quality product results in quality results mix these two and you have the better end results.. Because with excellent crafted products and great knowledge you end with awesome results.. Hmm, thats my $0.02

Well if you read what was quoted above the post. You would see that it says all things being equal a 15 dollar flea market sub will not compare to something that cost 20 or 30x that. What I am saying is that it is possible to make an inferior sub respond better then one would expect. On the flipside, it is also very easy to make a 400 dollar sub respond extremely poorly. Point being, if you don't know what your doing, you are going to have a very hard time accomplishing your goals. Whereas, if you do know what you are doing, you may be able to spend less money and have a comparable system to someone who knows less even though spent more. If you know your **** and you buy higher quality components, why would you not expect better results. I mean you can probably try to find something to nitpick about this so go for it, but this will be my last response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.