12"solox for 2 15" power hx2's?

Justinh722
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 12" solo x with a brand new 2007 cone and I have a friend who wants to give me 2 15" rockford power hx2 subs and give me 100 bucks cash. I know the hx2's are older model subs but I heard they get pretty loud. How loud would they be, if put in the proper enclosure, with proper electrical, compared to 2 15" kicker L7's, or even compared to a solo x?

Should I take the deal? I have a planet audio TT2250D amp that puts out 2,250 at 1 ohm but I heard they can take .5 ohm burps. the rockfords are dual 2 ohm....could I modify the amp with extra fans and maybe use some better heatsink compound to run it at .5 ohm daily?

I'd take the HX2's any day over L7's. I'd also do the trade for the solo X. I have the HX2's in 12" and 15's love them. I have T2 15's to and the HX2's sound louder to me but teh T2's hit harder.

I just tested the coils on the rockfords and one tested 3.4 on both coils and the other tested 14 and 8. I measure my cerwin vega to see if it was my meter but my meter read 1.7 on that dual 2. When subs go bad do the coils read high? they seemed to have played fine last time we hooked em up.

if the coils is going out they will read all over the place, if you move the cone a little while reading with your dmm you will prob notice it changing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Justinh722

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Justinh722
Mason City, Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date