12" Fi SSD box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sketchup
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Iowa
I made this quick box in google sketchup, This is the general idea that I have. What else would I have to do or modify it to make it 33Hz or calculate the Hz. Also below are the specs for the sub. I would calculate the area of the box, but I have to go to bed soon. Even then I don't even now if it would be tuned to the correct Hz. Any help please comment, first time ever designing a box, I put dimmensions there, please correct me or tell me what I am missing or should do.

Ported box: 1.8-2.5 cuft @ 33Hz

Sub OD: 12.500”

Cut ID: 11.125”

Mounting depth: 6.500”

Displacement: 0.14cuft

View attachment 26530990

View attachment 26530991

*Please tell me if the pictures aren't working for you...

You're not taking the port and sub displacement into consideration when finding the needed port length for the given volume that you're wanting. The box is just 2.07ft^3 before sub and port displacement. The port displacement is going to be 12.5" x 2.75" x ~19" long, so you're looking at ~.35ft^3 there, on top of the ~.1ft^3 for the sub displacement. That'll put you right around 1.6ft^3 after displacements, and a 1.6ft^3 box with the port you have drawn in there gives you a tuning of ~43hz. If you want the box to be 2ft^3 tuned to whatever hz, then you need to account for all other displacements so that after them you have the final 2ft^3 that you used to find the port length.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.