12 Inch JL Sub-300 Watts

Participant count
  • Participant list

steelersx49

This is my first car, and my first sysytem ive ever put in. I have a 12" JL Sub 300 Watts and am not sure what box and amp to go with? I got the amp for free from a friend, its brand new. I'm trying to stay as cheap as possible, but i do understand that to cheap just wont cut it. Any suggestions??

You said you got the "amp" for free, you ment sub, correct?

Can you build a box? Or will you need to buy one?

As for an amp I'd suggest you look for a two channel one that you can bridge for your sub. Then when you upgrade you can use it for your front channels. The amp should cost less than $100 new. You will also need an amp kit. I would get a 4 gauge kit, they are cheap and give a little bit of room to upgrade. You should be able to find one you like for about $25.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.