10w3v3 or Sundown sa 10's

rOaFXv.jpg

I love online shopping... WOW... I've seen it all... and I thought C/L was bad!

Now I'm not sure what to do
You are not all bad off... in that fox box those P3 shallows might work... IDK.. but buying a new set of subs will still distort... you need a better amp!.. That amp IS complete garbage

So these shallow mounts shouldnt be distorting that the amp is the whole problem?
Under-powering speakers causes most people to to clip the signal trying to get louder... how are your gains set?.. they're NOT volume knobs you know!

I don't have enough experience to distinguish between good and bad equipment
At least you know how to use a multimeter... your deck can be sending a clipped signal to the amp... then you are amplifying that bad signal and even clipping it more with the amp... I'm not great on explanations but do you understand?

Yea I have all sound effects off including bass boost on the headunit, low pass at 80hz and my door speakers picking up from there, using head unit only for crossover. I have done everything I can to maximize the system that's why I decided to upgrade until tonight

Yea I have all sound effects off including bass boost on the headunit, low pass at 80hz and my door speakers picking up from there, using head unit only for crossover. I have done everything I can to maximize the system that's why I decided to upgrade until tonight
i don't feel like reading but ill be glad to help. just till me bluntly whats the trouble..

I don't have enough experience to distinguish between good and bad equipment
don't turn volume on hu past 80% of max don't use eq, bass boost on hu or amp.. didn't u say u have ppi amp? is that not in truck if not and u have that swap amps.. could be subs are not loving that box but try doing some tuning make sure lp xover is on 80-120hz, try switching phase (on amp or hu if u have that option) just set volume at 70% and adjust some things until it sounds better, still may just need to turn gain down..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.