4 12' Sundown Audio SA Series or 2 15' Sundown Audio X v.2 Series?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Trying to decide my next setup, which would pound harder? the 15s take more power but the 4 12s would have more air displacement.
I apologize if this isn't posted in the correct thread, this is my first post on this site.
What AMP/ available space you got?

im sorry i forgot to include this, considering its important information. i don't know exactly how much space i have atm, im still in the beginning stages of finding my next setup. i do know that i would have enough space for the recommended size for the 12s, but prolly not enough for the 2 15s. if i had to guess id say i would have somewhere between half and 3/4 of the space recommended for the 2 15s enclosure. as far as the amp goes, im still searching. i know i won't be shorting on power, i would like to keep the amp under $400 if i can. like i said, im still working a lot of the details out.

Most trunks only for two 12s properly. Two xv2 12s in 6cubes and 70” or port tuned to 28-30hz is just nasty
if i absolutely have to i can use up my back seat. if possible it would be nice to make it so one seat in the back is still usable. i wonder if that is a possibility.

also, when given a range for enclosure size is bigger typically/always better? like the 8^3 to 10^3, would the 10^3 perform better?

if i absolutely have to i can use up my back seat. if possible it would be nice to make it so one seat in the back is still usable. i wonder if that is a possibility.also, when given a range for enclosure size is bigger typically/always better? like the 8^3 to 10^3, would the 10^3 perform better?
The size of the enclosure is going to change the frequency response of the woofers. I typically like bigger low tuned boxes because

All I listen to is DJristicals/DJSNT etc....

Two x 12s in the right box will get you 145db+

what system did u have last? 1 x 15 in correct size good ported box with 3k amp would be loud., tahoe has 2 in big suv., i'd think 1 in car if u have good electrical and 3k would be really loud.. like i said depends what u are used to., my 1 12 with 900 watts is destroying my car..

The size of the enclosure is going to change the frequency response of the woofers. I typically like bigger low tuned boxes because All I listen to is DJristicals/DJSNT etc....

Two x 12s in the right box will get you 145db+
I agree completely with him... if space is an issue... don't get crazy trying to fit subs in... a properly sized and designed box combined with a pair of those X-12's will kill it on those lows... just power em right and you'll be surprised... delighted even... this was a $800 sub amp combo that got fairly rowdy... a pair of X's should outdo these easily...

BgrwbZT.jpg

ItKrVk0.jpg

Some people need to understand how important the enclosure is to match the sub. You can actually undermine it, and it won't perform to your needs/wants.

That said, rarely do I see 2 15's in a trunk just because they need a lot more airspace and most trunks are small. 2 12's would hit good on some power and good designed enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.