10s, 12s, or a 15?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jolly_26
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have enough trunk space to build a box of about 2.8 - 3 cubes net for the next setup, and can't decide what to do. 2 10s, 2 12s, or a 15. Want sick ground pounding lows for a daily, decent sq, and enough volume to shock some unsuspecting mates. Was hoping to run 1500 to 2000rms.

Was looking at a pair of ssa gcon 10s, or sundown sa-10s, or maybe picking up a second hand custom built 15. Do I have enough room to run 12s at all?

Anyone there? I know that with 10s I have enough room, but I just don't want to get another set of 12s and not have enough room. I currently have 12s but they're nothing too big, only running 400rms to each

If done right, all 3 options will definitely give the unsuspecting person an urge to look twice. I personally like the single 15 setup, just because you only have to pay for one sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

with that much space i would to with two tens. gcons ftw!
fair call. any other options you would recommend? And yes I do like the sound of only paying for one sub though. The 15 would have more cone area than the 10s too I'd assume, but idk about running it in that space...

I have enough trunk space to build a box of about 2.8 - 3 cubes net for the next setup, and can't decide what to do. 2 10s, 2 12s, or a 15. Want sick ground pounding lows for a daily, decent sq, and enough volume to shock some unsuspecting mates. Was hoping to run 1500 to 2000rms.
Was looking at a pair of ssa gcon 10s, or sundown sa-10s, or maybe picking up a second hand custom built 15. Do I have enough room to run 12s at all?
Two tens all the way man! Such great sound quality! Loud as can be if you put them in a ported box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.