1000$ SQ setup HELP

i hear plenty of good things from their hi end separates...the lower end coaxial/comp set sounds nice too but could use a little eq'ing
i might end up running them.. can get a good price on them just ahvent heard if they are any good ...

i might end up running them.. can get a good price on them just ahvent heard if they are any good ...
la_crx ran the really high priced focals then switched out for the DD's and his score went up quite a bit

la_crx ran the really high priced focals then switched out for the DD's and his score went up quite a bit
wow.. this is what i have been wanting to hear... anyone know about running a 360.2 ? If i want to run active.. would this do it with a compatible head unit?

SQ isn't about the brand used, its about the install. Sure, top quality equipment helps, but you have the most room to win or fail in the install.

Go to PartsExpress and buy a DIY 3-way front stage speaker set, since your budget is fairly limited.

X3

They diff judge bass lol. If they didnt then they wouldnt be true sq nuts. Remember sq guys love all freq not just everything about 60 hz! Perhaps he meant its easier to have a good sounding sub stage than an front stage.

No I ment substage is the last thing you need to worry about. I'm not saying 80hz down isn't important. It's quite key and necessary to get a good blend however too many people put too much emphasis on 80 Hz and below.

No I ment substage is the last thing you need to worry about. I'm not saying 80hz down isn't important. It's quite key and necessary to get a good blend however too many people put too much emphasis on 80 Hz and below.
You are correct. We also should remember that most SQ competitions are judged at relatively low volume levels. It use to be 126db was the standard, dont know if that's still the case. At that volume level, just about any decent sub with a solid install can sound good. Kicker L series have been in some significant SQ title winning installs over the years, for example.

SQ isn't about the brand used, its about the install. Sure, top quality equipment helps, but you have the most room to win or fail in the install.
Go to PartsExpress and buy a DIY 3-way front stage speaker set, since your budget is fairly limited.
You mean speaker placement etc..? Im not going to be judged on install as stated above.. ill look into the DD. can get them at a good price. I dont know if their amps are capable of running active

Buy a processor and you don't need to have an amp capable of running active. my amps once had all that bs in them but when I had them modded had it all pulled out so my amps only have the gain settings.

also you're going to need time alignment anyway so I cannot stress how handy a processor will be. especially if you're going to compete

if you plan on doing SQ you need to figure out which which comp u'll be doing. then go read their rules. most cases for SQ over 130db you loose points. your soundstage, which will make the install and location of speakers very important, should be centered and above dash level. you want it to sound like it's about in the middle of your window out on your hood. then you also have to to have good width. most great sounding cars sound like the speakers are out by the mirrors or further. the sub part which is really hard to overcome for bassheads has to be non noticiable. you cannot distinguish where it's coming from. it should be well blended with the rest of the system. that has alot to do with the midbass location.

Why is everyone recommending 3-way?

Why not try horns? They have won numerous events, and give them power and they won't hesitate to keep up with 160dB. If you give them that much power, your going to need a decent amount of cone area for your mids and a lot more for the mids to keep up.

like i said im not real concerened with speaker placement install. I have people to help with this that know what needs to be done.. I just want to have a larger selection on equipment ... I want to know what brands will do what i need andare able to be bought at this price

i know this guy he's a great installer been in the business for years. he always says "i can make radio shack speakers sound good". for SQ anything can be used it's all about the install. SQ is more install then product.

i know this guy he's a great installer been in the business for years. he always says "i can make radio shack speakers sound good". for SQ anything can be used it's all about the install. SQ is more install then product.
good.. guess i cant go too wrong then

This, I've taken first with a 55 dollar set of Pioneers because of all my deadening and work into that kinda thing.

This, I've taken first with a 55 dollar set of Pioneers because of all my deadening and work into that kinda thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.