1000$ SQ setup HELP

This, I've taken first with a 55 dollar set of Pioneers because of all my deadening and work into that kinda thing.
im not going to be going to a local show tho.. im going to world finals

im not going to be going to a local show tho.. im going to world finals
Im confused, maybe its just my lack of knowledge of the sanctioning body you are referring to, but how have you been invited to a world finals when you dont have a system, and tbh seem to be a bit of a beginner...?

Why is everyone recommending 3-way?
Why not try horns? They have won numerous events, and give them power and they won't hesitate to keep up with 160dB. If you give them that much power, your going to need a decent amount of cone area for your mids and a lot more for the mids to keep up.
Everyone is recommending 3-ways for the simple reason its a tried tested and proven setup for successful SQ systems. Tweeters and mids in the kicks, midbass in the doors, fully active = the basic recipe for a winning system.

Yes, horns are possible, and I considered suggesting them earlier in the thread, but horns come with their own complexities I felt the OP wouldn't want to tackle. Not only do horns require the right dash type/shape to fit them in, or extensive modification of a non-conforming dash, but if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty of a 'worlds final SQ competition' horn system, it is going to require its own personal tuning (such as placing acoustical foam in various places in the mouth of the horn to alter dispersion) specific to the install that would require someone with quite a bit of experience.

Even horn systems benefit from a 3-way setup. Its true that these days a handful of mids are capable of playing 80hz-1khz+ effectively, so that a 2-way horn stage is possible, but possible does not mean ideal. Ideally, you have independent control over midbass versus midrange. In my experience, and many others Ive talked to, 9 times out of 10 you actually benefit from switching the polarity of the passenger-side midbass speaker. But the midrange should not have different polarities. If one speaker does both midrange and midbass, you cannot reverse polarity on the midbass alone, and LFE will suffer. There other minor reasons that, imo, dedicated midbass setups will always be superior to a 2-way setup, but polarity control is the biggest one.

Im confused, maybe its just my lack of knowledge of the sanctioning body you are referring to, but how have you been invited to a world finals when you dont have a system, and tbh seem to be a bit of a beginner...?
you just need your points to be invitied.. ill explain it again very slowly. Street Q in usaci. i can get my points to go to finals in about 3 weeks. so as long as i get by build dont the end of august im good. Your SPL score is most important. Which I got. The SQ side is very basic. Most of the points are for fusing and safety. Some are for actual sound and sound staging. So its VERY realistic to max out on points for the SQ portion which would leave the deciding factor who has the highest SPl number. So im trying to get as clos to maxing out as possible on the SQ sheet. Its a crossover class for SPL people to get into SQ to boost the SQ numbers in the long ru. Its made for people and systems exactly like mine

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Everyone is recommending 3-ways for the simple reason its a tried tested and proven setup for successful SQ systems. Tweeters and mids in the kicks, midbass in the doors, fully active = the basic recipe for a winning system.
Yes, horns are possible, and I considered suggesting them earlier in the thread, but horns come with their own complexities I felt the OP wouldn't want to tackle. Not only do horns require the right dash type/shape to fit them in, or extensive modification of a non-conforming dash, but if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty of a 'worlds final SQ competition' horn system, it is going to require its own personal tuning (such as placing acoustical foam in various places in the mouth of the horn to alter dispersion) specific to the install that would require someone with quite a bit of experience.

Even horn systems benefit from a 3-way setup. Its true that these days a handful of mids are capable of playing 80hz-1khz+ effectively, so that a 2-way horn stage is possible, but possible does not mean ideal. Ideally, you have independent control over midbass versus midrange. In my experience, and many others Ive talked to, 9 times out of 10 you actually benefit from switching the polarity of the passenger-side midbass speaker. But the midrange should not have different polarities. If one speaker does both midrange and midbass, you cannot reverse polarity on the midbass alone, and LFE will suffer. There other minor reasons that, imo, dedicated midbass setups will always be superior to a 2-way setup, but polarity control is the biggest one.
this helps... thanks for the input

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.