10 vs 12 inch subs ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

alvin

Texas
Waiting for my JBL BP 1200.1 to arrive, wondering which subs sound better.

Currently have 2 Polk DX 10 inch. Wondering if 12 inch subs would sound better.

Am considering buying Polk MOMO series, just wondering which size is better ?

How do Polk MOMO's compare to Infinity Perfect's or JL subs ?

Thanks for your suggestions !//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The Momo's are a little expensive for what they produce. Don't get me wrong, they produce some great SQ, but I can think of a few other subs that I would be happier spending my money on. To answer your question about 10's or 12's, the 10's will give you a tight accurate response (better SQ), the 12's will give you more boom, but a little less accurate, and will be able to hit lower notes. You listed Infinity and JL, don't forget to check out Alpine, they make some very affordable subs, and their SQ is right up their with JL and Infinity. Your best bet is to go to an audio shop and listen to a couple subs and see what difference you think a 10 makes from a 12.

Typically, 10 inch subs will hit tighter than 12 inch subs but most of the time wont hit quite as deep, be quite as loud, or handle quite as much power. Most of the time I'd say go with 10 inch subs simply for SQ, but if you have it narrowed down between JL, Perfects, or MOMO's, I'd say go with 12's. These are all known for fab SQ and their 12's hit cleaner than a lot of 10s I've heard!

Keep it loud!

JELLYDIME

depends on what your looking for spl or sq? for sq which is a little harder to get go w/ 10's for the spl which is the easist to acquire go w/ the 12's....good luck....

well looks like leaving my desk for an hour changes things....i wouldve been the first to post on here.....heh....

Thanks for your input, I guess I want more spl while still conserving my sq. Hopefully

my new amp will take care of the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.