CarAudio.com Newbie
Uk
I have a 2011 Chrysler grand voyager with factory speakers
Left, right and centre dash speakers
Left and right front door speakers
Left and right rear door speakers
Left and right rear tweeters
And a subwoofer
I have been recommended to get the alpine R-A90S but I'm struggling with how to wire the speakers to the amp so I need some help please
Thank you in advance

Thank you in advance
Commonly the speakers have a built in inline crossover, so feeding an unfiltered signal to each "corner" should not be an issue. Leave the dash speakers on OEM amplifier, these are usually low power so they should be fine. So the 2 front channels can feed the front door speakers, 2 rear channels feed the rear speakers and tweeters, and sub channels feed the subs.

Commonly the speakers have a built in inline crossover, so feeding an unfiltered signal to each "corner" should not be an issue. Leave the dash speakers on OEM amplifier, these are usually low power so they should be fine. So the 2 front channels can feed the front door speakers, 2 rear channels feed the rear speakers and tweeters, and sub channels feed the subs.
What if I don't have the factory amp? Is it still possible off the one amp?

What if I don't have the factory amp? Is it still possible off the one amp?
It is possible. Only thing is if those L&R dash speakers are full range, it will drop the impedance and the amp will play louder in the front, and as stated earlier, those dash are weaker than the doors and may distort and fail in no time. Next downside is that you will not be able to tie in that center channel, for the amp does not have a built in center channel decoding software or hardware. Even if you split the tweeters and dash on front channell duty and all the doors on rear channel duty, you will lack center channel. Also it is a bit more difficult to run it that way because the wiring is more involved.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...