Small AGM battery

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
I don’t probably need a 2nd battery, but I’d like to run one anyway just to take the stress off things. What is the smallest AGM battery you guys would recommend to run a small system on? I have 1600 rms on tap between the 2 amps, but I probably only use 1000 of it. I do want a solid 1600 though in case I get a wild hair to do a bass race.

I don’t probably need a 2nd battery, but I’d like to run one anyway just to take the stress off things. What is the smallest AGM battery you guys would recommend to run a small system on? I have 1600 rms on tap between the 2 amps, but I probably only use 1000 of it. I do want a solid 1600 though in case I get a wild hair to do a bass race.
I'd feel perfectly comfortable running that on stock electrical myself. Otherwise just head down to your favorite auto parts store and buy whatever their premium/platinum/whatever AGM with the best warranty they have that'll fit your space. I swear by parts store battery warranties. Save the reciept and if you kill it before the warranty runs out you just hand it over the counter to ANY store of that chain in the country and the kid behind the counter gives you a brandy new one no troubles.

Second battery only helps when you turn off the car. If you are concerned about current draw, upgrade your alternator. To maximize your stock alternator, use large or oversized OFC copper wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...