10" Dayton Audio HO clean but not enough thump

Don’t you ever ******* accuse me of turning an eye to **** like that. I have 2 girls and that **** would never fly. I have no first hand knowledge but have heard from multiple people here for years and years ago about it.

Don’t you ever ******* accuse me of turning an eye to **** like that. I have 2 girls and that **** would never fly. I have no first hand knowledge but have heard from multiple people here for years and years ago about it.

I have two daughter's as well. I also don't believe everything that people want to run their mouth about. They need to show me proof or shut the fukk up. I'm tired of the, "a friend of a friends second cousin told me that this happened one time twenty years ago, so, it must be true bullshitt!" Show me proof. And, people need to, "run their system, not their mouth!"

Last edited:
Dude, this forum is nothing like it used to be. There were threads every freaking minute of every day and now nothing. You act like this new news. I’m not that guy to just accuse because some guys cousins brothers friend relative said something.

Mine pair is in ~1.9@32hz
I too read where .7@30hz was the go-to. I had Buck mode my pair and 1.9@32 is what he came up with. Mine is in a single cab, subs foward, port behind drivers seat firing to side wall. I can’t lie, they are clean as h3ll, and can get loud when I want them to. I do feel as if there’s just something missing. Maybe I’m just never satisfied !

Your box was designed the the DVC version which does take a larger enclosure.

The .7 @30hz has always been for the SVC sub only.

Buck designed my box at like .5 each.

These subs are strange to say the least and I feel like there is something missing when I listen too, but they do sound pretty nice. Maybe It's because these are in a truck and I'm used to my SUV with the same power on a pair of jl 10w3v2.

Dude, this forum is nothing like it used to be. There were threads every freaking minute of every day and now nothing. You act like this new news. I’m not that guy to just accuse because some guys cousins brothers friend relative said something.

Sounds like a bunch of haters were on here. If there is all this proof, then, he wouldn't be free or alive right now. If he was 21 and got tricked by a 16 or 17 year old, it happens. If he was 21 and it was a 10 year old, then, he should be in jail for life. How many 18 year olds have dated a 16 year old?. Technically, in a lot of States, he is a pedophile. I know a guy on the lifetime list. He was 21 and the girl was 17, true story. Was he raping babies? The story needs context and proof. I have no beef with you, at all. I just think that people are easy to accuse without proof because they are haters and jealous.

These subs are strange to say the least and I feel like there is something missing when I listen too, but they do sound pretty nice. Maybe It's because these are in a truck and I'm used to my SUV with the same power on a pair of jl 10w3v2.

I think the OP wants some more SPL and doesn't realize it. He needs a good 12" on a separate mono amp. Like, a 1,000 watt rms sub on 1,500 watts tuned to 32-34 hz.

Not only that, but the single voice coil version is better suited for a ported enclosure than the dual VC version. My software shows .7 cubes tuned to 26 hz being “optimal” for the single vc sub, and 1.4 cubes tuned to 27 hz being “optimal” for the dual vc sub. This assumes you’re in a free air environment mind you. I didn’t take any cabin gain into account when running the numbers, but I’m betting that even going as low as .5 cubes on the single coil sub would still work in a vehicle, if you were forced to go that small.

Not only that, but the single voice coil version is better suited for a ported enclosure than the dual VC version. My software shows .7 cubes tuned to 26 hz being “optimal” for the single vc sub, and 1.4 cubes tuned to 27 hz being “optimal” for the dual vc sub. This assumes you’re in a free air environment mind you. I didn’t take any cabin gain into account when running the numbers, but I’m betting that even going as low as .5 cubes on the single coil sub would still work in a vehicle, if you were forced to go that small.

Right now the pair I'm running is in 1.05 tuned to 33hz.. The box is a center console, downfire with the port facing foward. For power they are getting 1100 rms from a zapco. The truck is a 94 Ext. Cab Chevy.

I haven't had time to fully tune yet but they to sound pretty clean, at full tilt I can't hear any noises from the subs moving and I can't hear anything from the port either, I'm pretty suprised how clean it does sound.

I'll have to try some more music on them to get a better feel for them so far all I played on it was a couple songs from E-40 graveyard shift and it sounded pretty good turned up the box will start coming off the ground (making brackets to bolt it down today)

Nobody likes Skar because they copy Sundown
I think it has more to do with some shady b-stock deal in their early days, but the products are really cheaply made Chinese junk.
nobody likes AB
I think AB gets credit where it's due for the stuff they sell that's good (they do have a lot of junk lines lately though). YOU just get ranked on for being a fanboy, any AB hate you're getting here is more just directed at you for acting like a douchebag, not at Bob or his products.

I think it has more to do with some shady b-stock deal in their early days, but the products are really cheaply made Chinese junk.

I think AB gets credit where it's due for the stuff they sell that's good (they do have a lot of junk lines lately though). YOU just get ranked on for being a fanboy, any AB hate you're getting here is more just directed at you for acting like a douchebag, not at Bob or his products.

I don't care about the name calling or dislikes. That's more of a sign of what kind of people they are, not me. People on here hate on AB because the name insinuates that they are American Made, and they aren't. Let me tell you, Fi isn't either, I don't care what anyone says. I'm a Fanboy of AB? I see people on here always recommending the same shiit to everybody. Whether it be Sundown, SSA, Dayton, Fi, etc... It's funny because my current system consists of Polk Audio, Infinity, Rockford Fosgate, VFL, Sundown, American, Kenwood, Mechman and Sundown. If I was such a Fanboy of AB, my whole system would be AB (except the HU). At least I have the balls to show my vehicle, system, and videos of it running. Too many "keyboard Cowboys" out there.

20210317_183536.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.