1 ohm???

Timmy13091
10+ year member

Team DC
Chicago
So I have a type r 15 dvc 2 ohm wired to one now how I have it wired is the plus to plus minus to minus then the speaker wire going into the coil farthest on right but then I have a xcon 15 same 2 ohm dvc wired the same but wire going to amp instead of being on one coil is on the plus on one side and the negative on the opposite coil so basically does that matter or as the wire to amp supposed to be on one coil after patrolled like the type r ??? Help??

In the diagram it's showing one from each coil to the amp ok well the type r is wired same way but both wires from amp are going in on the right coil on the type r is my question making sense now am I running the type r wrong? It's parralleld but I have my amp wires going in on one side??

dude even with the fact your trying to run two different subs you can't get one ohm out of that configuration only 8ohm, 2ohm, 0.5ohm, so those are your choices but so far this sounds like a bad idea all the way around just pick one sub and run it at 1ohm as long as your amp is capable.

dude even with the fact your trying to run two different subs you can't get one ohm out of that configuration only 8ohm, 2ohm, 0.5ohm, so those are your choices but so far this sounds like a bad idea all the way around just pick one sub and run it at 1ohm as long as your amp is capable.
They are in diff cars on diff amps I'm asking if the type r is wired wrong ??? Both dropped to 1 ohm xcon has pos from one coil to amp neg to amp on other coil like diagram shows but the type r after being dropped down has both wires from amp on one side not a plus from one and minus from other coil so my question is is it wired wrong sounds good tho

They are in diff cars on diff amps I'm asking if the type r is wired wrong ??? Both dropped to 1 ohm xcon has pos from one coil to amp neg to amp on other coil like diagram shows but the type r after being dropped down has both wires from amp on one side not a plus from one and minus from other coil so my question is is it wired wrong sounds good tho
Oh wow sorry it confused me what you where asking but doesnt the R have a pin setup for it's config? and as far as dropping them it's not really confusing just run all the + together and the - on the subs with jumpers and then hook that set of wires to the amp.

Oh wow sorry it confused me what you where asking but doesnt the R have a pin setup for it's config? and as far as dropping them it's not really confusing just run all the + together and the - on the subs with jumpers and then hook that set of wires to the amp.
Ya they are both dropped I get all that I'm saying the way I have it is the type r running on one coil?

Cause the wires to amp aren't one from each coil like the diagram and like onmy other sub in other car instead there on one coil right next to each other does my question make sense now

Ok I think I know what your saying is it something like this pic but one sub with both sets of wires from the amp going to it.

SAM_0173.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.