1 ohm stable amp for 2 12" IDMax's

Participant count
  • Participant list

3onDubs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm running 2 12" IDMAX D4's on an ED Nine.1. I have the subs wired down to 1 ohm.

The problem is this: at low volumes, the subs don't kick in. I have to turn the volume up to around 20 on the HU before they kick in.

I'm assuming this is a problem with the amp's circuitry, so here I am.....any suggestions?

do you have your gains all the way up or something?
Nope...I had initially thought this as well, but if the gains were all the way up, i'd have the opposite problem. It would cut out at higher volumes and play distorted. As of now, it plays clear at higher volumes, but only kicks in when I turn up the volume past a certain point (depending on the track and the amount of bass it has).

~ 3-400....trying to stay as low as possible. The Nine.1 was perfect for that reason...not too pricey, but delivered the desired output.

tell us the settings you have the amp and hu at
For Hu, i'm running an Alpine W200/H701 combo. The amp is in the wheel well, blocked by the subs, but i'll see if i can get the subs out shortly to read the amp settings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.