1 Ohm or 2 Ohm load? Confused.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tim21Va

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've been trying to help a friend hook up some DVC 2-Ohm CVX's to a mono amp for the past 2 weeks, but it seems that old amp isnt working(one pictured MTX 1500..old Jackhammer amp) so I am going to use my old amp, T-1500bdcp Rockford Power that used to be hooked up to the subs.

Here is my problem: I don't understand how to hook up these subs so it see's a 1 ohm load. Each sub is 750 RMS each, and the amp at 1 ohm load is 1500 Watts so it would then be 750 watts to each speaker so that would match. Some forums say it can't be done 1 ohm and must be 2 ohm, while others say it can....? I believe they were originally hooked up to a 1 ohm load when I had them in my car.

I will include 2 images. 1 for how we have each individual speaker wired voice coil wise so it would see a 1 ohm load per the CVX instruction manual. 2 for how we have the wires going to the amp. The amp pictured and one I will be bringing this weekend both have an internal parallel connection for both sets of speaker terminals. Which set of terminals should I use? Or does it matter?

Any help on this matter is GREATLY appreciated. I have been reading so many posts and I still feel confused.

Edit: As I understand it. If I wire a DVC 2-ohm sub Parallel it will halve the impedance of each individual coil so I could do 1ohm. If series on same sub then it would double the impedance if each individual coil to 4 ohm?

Attachments

• 20210123_195016.jpg
    20210123_195016.jpg
    642.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210122_183701.jpg
    20210122_183701.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.