How would I connect this new headunit/ door speakers to an amp??

AySly

May 29, 2018
Modesto
My dumbass fell for the big cheap china touchscreen for my commuter car and wanted to put some after market speakers in the doors 90 watt rms each..
Im going to buy an amplifier but im wondering what exactly I would need to install this given that I bought the wrong cheap ass china touchscreen and it only has two rca's Left out, Right out.I would much appreciate any tips or shortcuts to save money on this. I dont care how it gets done aslong as the speakers are amplified haha. Thank you!.

This is the cheap china crap im working with

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
Two ways you can do this. It looks like that head unit has speaker level outputs. So you could get an amp that will recieve speaker inputs. Or the preferred method would be to use a dsp. You could run one of both rca outputs from that head into the dsp, and then direct which signal to send to each amp channel.

AySly

May 29, 2018
Modesto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two ways you can do this. It looks like that head unit has speaker level outputs. So you could get an amp that will recieve speaker inputs. Or the preferred method would be to use a dsp. You could run one of both rca outputs from that head into the dsp, and then direct which signal to send to each amp channel.
This is the amp I purchased, would this work?

AySly

May 29, 2018
Modesto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is the amp I purchased, would this work? View attachment 26315
4.7 out of 5 stars 22Reviews

Kicker KXA4004 KXA400.4 4x100w 4-ch Full Range Class D Amplifier

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
It states that it has speaker level inputs. The manual should tell you how to hook them up.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
RCA splitters.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
If I just two Y Rca splitter into a Double Y splitter that would work correct? Would the sound be terrible?
It will be fine as long as that headunit has full range signal out of the two rca outputs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds