1 more reason I hate RF

yes, going from high quality, oem 4300k lights (the best color for overall brightness/visibility) to 8k blue lights from a cheap china company (8k has about half the useable light output.) so it looks cool on the street, yo
Best overall brightness is 5k...

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

yes, going from high quality, oem 4300k lights (the best color for overall brightness/visibility) to 8k blue lights from a cheap china company (8k has about half the useable light output.) so it looks cool on the street, yo
5 K is the whitest. Did he say he is getting cheap China bulbs ? My wife's CC bulbs are crazy expensive, my China made bulbs are just as bright and never a issue. Sigh.

So your mad at him for customising HIS car lol you sound like someone that would say we are idiots for putting the systems in our cars.. Its his car who the **** cares what he does to his car... Or is it your jealous of his equip and money? Lol

So your mad at him for customising HIS car lol you sound like someone that would say we are idiots for putting the systems in our cars.. Its his car who the **** cares what he does to his car... Or is it your jealous of his equip and money? Lol
Everyone always gives me crap about my car too. It gets old

I have met steve meade in person.

His build designs are unbelievably beautiful, but he is sponsored so deep in the ahole by fosgate that he honestly thinks fosgate is the best overall brands.

If Rockford paid my bills, I'd rep them too..

Then go spend the money on some good DD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

His build designs are unbelievably beautiful, but he is sponsored so deep in the ahole by fosgate that he honestly thinks fosgate is the best overall brands.

Everyone has there go too brand and will swear by it no matter what anyone says

Last edited by a moderator:
Best overall brightness is 5k...
You're both absolutely wrong. Here's a very well written post from a gentleman on hidplanet.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt V

Hey guys, I'm thinking of switching over to 5000k with my Mini H1's because the 4300k is more yellow than white in terms of color. Would 5000k give me some more color without sacrificing too much light output?

It depends on what you meam by "sacrificing too much light output?"

For one person 300-500 Lumens might be low loss, while for others too much. Generally speaking (based on Philips datasheets) and avg. 4100-4300K bulb (85122) can produce 3100-3400 Lumens, while a 4800K (85122CM) goes down to 2800 Lumens and 5800K (85122WX - Ultinon) goes down to 2400 Lumens. I can assure you that there is a noticeable difference in the output between these bulbs.

If you plan to go at 5000K try an OEM solution (like 85122CM or Osram Cold Blue etc.). You WILL LOSE Lumens, but still you will keep the major quality characteristics of the OEM bulbs. If you chose ANY a/m bulb higher than 4300K you'll be having a blue tinted output (even with 5000K bulbs), plus all the minuses from the lower quality of the bulb (compared to any OEM one). This is based on my personal experience.

IMO it's not worth sacrificing Lumens for Looks !... My 85122+s (after 30-40 hours of operation) have lost their original (extreme) yellowish tint (on the road) and have become (IMO) true (and very intense) white (with a bit of bluish tint - according to the road and the items they "hit" each time). Definatelly they're "blue" compared to standard halogen headlights.

The choice is yours...

Costas"

I'd be happy to post the actual color/lumen/usable light output charts if you'd like to actually educate yourselves.

5 K is the whitest. Did he say he is getting cheap China bulbs ? My wife's CC bulbs are crazy expensive, my China made bulbs are just as bright and never a issue. Sigh.
The kits he got are $36 on Amazon. Yes, they are cheap China bulbs (and ballasts)

I couldn't care any less about any money or cars he may or may not have. Actually, I vastly prefer my sl over his IS (although it's a nice car too). But yes, if you take off good, quality oem parts that are properly designed and integrated to replace them with inferior, poorly built replacements for only an imagined "visual upgrade", I'll call you a ricer idiot as well.

OMG NO ONE DO ANYTHING THEY THINK LOOKS GOOD. EVaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OMG LETS COMPROMISE OUR SAFETY AND THE LEGALITY OF OUR VEHICLE BECAUSE WE THINK IT LOOKS GOOD. ALWAYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSS

He's a very talented fabricator, and deserves much (if not all) of the kudos he receives for the builds he does. Thats not the issue at hand, is it?

Lol haters gonna hate no matter what if you dont like it then you dont like it oh well, i dont like hondas with the fart can on the back but do you hear me bitching and complaining like a spoiled 12 yo on here no. Im sure theres stuff that you have done to a car that someone didnt like not everyone is gonna like a customization someone else makes to there car but the point of doing something to ones car is because the person that owns the car likes it like they say to each is own, you think having a system that shakes the mirrors to the point where you cant see out of them and breaks of the rear view mirror is safe? Granted its not the same situation because bass can be turned off but still its not like with those lights theres 0 visability you can still see at night you idiot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.