1 more reason I hate RF

A

Lol haters gonna hate no matter what if you dont like it then you dont like it oh well, i dont like hondas with the fart can on the back but do you hear me bitching and complaining like a spoiled 12 yo on here no. Im sure theres stuff that you have done to a car that someone didnt like not everyone is gonna like a customization someone else makes to there car but the point of doing something to ones car is because the person that owns the car likes it like they say to each is own, you think having a system that shakes the mirrors to the point where you cant see out of them and breaks of the rear view mirror is safe? Granted its not the same situation because bass can be turned off but still its not like with those lights theres 0 visability you can still see at night you idiot
You have no idea what you're talking about. I promise you it would be best for you if you skulked away from this thread thinking you "won".

Btw- I would strongly suggest you have a slightly better grasp of what we're discussing before you have the audacity to call me the "idiot". Especially when I kindly offer to help you further your education on the topic at hand.

I dont look at it as anyone winning or losing im stating my honest opinion just like you were abput steves lights but the thing is why hate on someone just because hes doing something to his car??? If you dont like it dont say anything lol just makes you look like a hater

Lol haters gonna hate no matter what if you dont like it then you dont like it oh well, i dont like hondas with the fart can on the back but do you hear me bitching and complaining like a spoiled 12 yo on here no. Im sure theres stuff that you have done to a car that someone didnt like not everyone is gonna like a customization someone else makes to there car but the point of doing something to ones car is because the person that owns the car likes it like they say to each is own, you think having a system that shakes the mirrors to the point where you cant see out of them and breaks of the rear view mirror is safe? Granted its not the same situation because bass can be turned off but still its not like with those lights theres 0 visability you can still see at night you idiot
I beat you can't say that without taking a breath.

Noloud4u we know u hate all brands other DD. U just bash them one by one.. Well FVCK DD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Didn't you have DD at one point or another?

You're both absolutely wrong. Here's a very well written post from a gentleman on hidplanet."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt V

Hey guys, I'm thinking of switching over to 5000k with my Mini H1's because the 4300k is more yellow than white in terms of color. Would 5000k give me some more color without sacrificing too much light output?

It depends on what you meam by "sacrificing too much light output?"

For one person 300-500 Lumens might be low loss, while for others too much. Generally speaking (based on Philips datasheets) and avg. 4100-4300K bulb (85122) can produce 3100-3400 Lumens, while a 4800K (85122CM) goes down to 2800 Lumens and 5800K (85122WX - Ultinon) goes down to 2400 Lumens. I can assure you that there is a noticeable difference in the output between these bulbs.

If you plan to go at 5000K try an OEM solution (like 85122CM or Osram Cold Blue etc.). You WILL LOSE Lumens, but still you will keep the major quality characteristics of the OEM bulbs. If you chose ANY a/m bulb higher than 4300K you'll be having a blue tinted output (even with 5000K bulbs), plus all the minuses from the lower quality of the bulb (compared to any OEM one). This is based on my personal experience.

IMO it's not worth sacrificing Lumens for Looks !... My 85122+s (after 30-40 hours of operation) have lost their original (extreme) yellowish tint (on the road) and have become (IMO) true (and very intense) white (with a bit of bluish tint - according to the road and the items they "hit" each time). Definatelly they're "blue" compared to standard halogen headlights.

The choice is yours...

Costas"

I'd be happy to post the actual color/lumen/usable light output charts if you'd like to actually educate yourselves.

The kits he got are $36 on Amazon. Yes, they are cheap China bulbs (and ballasts)

I couldn't care any less about any money or cars he may or may not have. Actually, I vastly prefer my sl over his IS (although it's a nice car too). But yes, if you take off good, quality oem parts that are properly designed and integrated to replace them with inferior, poorly built replacements for only an imagined "visual upgrade", I'll call you a ricer idiot as well.

OMG LETS COMPROMISE OUR SAFETY AND THE LEGALITY OF OUR VEHICLE BECAUSE WE THINK IT LOOKS GOOD. ALWAYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSS

He's a very talented fabricator, and deserves much (if not all) of the kudos he receives for the builds he does. Thats not the issue at hand, is it?
I heard it on the internet so it has to be true

You can pull a color chart that's fine. Just don't see how it's a safety issue or makes it a ricer ? You would hate my friends 30k bulbs then lol.

Lol i guess i came off strong but its stupid how ppl hate so much on others lol and to call meade a ******* idiot is being an idiot himself that guy has some serious skill, and im not **** riding just putting credit where credit is due

I just think he's over-hyped.

There are a lot better systems out there than his setup with the four SMD's, but everyone freaks out about it.

He's a brand name, and markets just like Rockford and Kicker.

More about hype than anything, imo. Not saying his install is bad, or that he is an idiot. Never met him, to give a real opinion about him

Lol i guess i came off strong but its stupid how ppl hate so much on others lol and to call meade a ******* idiot is being an idiot himself that guy has some serious skill, and im not **** riding just putting credit where credit is due
Because ricer lol.

Adulbrich your right he does support RF a lil more than should but hey if they gave me free 5k rms amps id support them too lol but true there are better systems but the quality is there thats all im saying

Mr Foca yea cant have those wiper snappers with those ricer lights on the road how will they ever see anything lol

I dont look at it as anyone winning or losing im stating my honest opinion just like you were abput steves lights but the thing is why hate on someone just because hes doing something to his car??? If you dont like it dont say anything lol just makes you look like a hater
No, you're stating opinion, I'm stating facts.

I heard it on the internet so it has to be true
Would you like to see the actual charts? I'm more than happy to post them for you. Or do you have no logical, factual rebuttal, so your feeble mind thinks playing it off like this is the way to go?

Yea had a dd9918,acouple 9515s,and I think a 1512 or 2512, dd z2lv the big boy amp and the little m4a... Wasn't impressed I was more impressed with crossfire amps and woofer and deff sundown woofers.
Lol @ dd and sundownsyndrom.

You can pull a color chart that's fine. Just don't see how it's a safety issue or makes it a ricer ? You would hate my friends 30k bulbs then lol.
Yes, I would. Your friend is an idiot driving a car with very little usable light output. I hope you live in an area with good street lights/ambient lighting.

How does his fabrication skill (which he has loads of) translate in ANY way to being an indication of whether his lighting choices were correct? Heck, I'll even tell Ya that the install of the hids was done very well. The man can build, and fabricate, and install like a beast. One of the more talented ive seen. But the fact (not opinion) remains.. I'm correct. He did sacrifice usable light output for a visual change. That's a ricer mod. Plain and simple.

I just think he's over-hyped.
There are a lot better systems out there than his setup with the four SMD's, but everyone freaks out about it.

He's a brand name, and markets just like Rockford and Kicker.

More about hype than anything, imo. Not saying his install is bad, or that he is an idiot. Never met him, to give a real opinion about him
I've met him once, fairly chill guy in person, slightly arrogant, but I think he's earned it (and maybe it's not arrogance, but only a displayed confidence). His installs are top notch, and he's done more for this hobby than anyone else posting in this thread (and 98%of the people in this hobby in general), in terms of helping bring new, useful/cool products to market. Absolutely NONE of this has any bearing on his lighting choices, which were, again, idiotic.

Adulbrich your right he does support RF a lil more than should but hey if they gave me free 5k rms amps id support them too lol but true there are better systems but the quality is there thats all im saying
Mr Foca yea cant have those wiper snappers with those ricer lights on the road how will they ever see anything lol
He's a marketing machine for rf. they build some good amps, so he's got a good reason to support them. When you're older than 20 (or have the mentality of someone who is) you'll understand what's wrong with those ricer headlights, and giving up usable light output for pretty colors.

It's a jeep thing, we don't understand hahahaha.
It's a "I'm not an idiotic ricer, and actually have a functional understanding of lighting systems and the color spectrum" thing, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.