1 HDC vs 2 HDS

Did you read anything i told him to do? I dont give two turd nuggets about your 15 setup. I know what it takes to get loud. You dont have to get all butt hurt about your setup. In his situation 2 12's is better, more coils and more cone area.

I'll put my 15" setup against a couple of similar 12"s. There is so much more that goes into a loud setup than sticking a couple 12"s in a box. If you don't believe me, I'll show you some of my scores.
So you think 1 HDC315 $280ship will be louder than 2 HDS312's $280ship on a Q2200d in a soild box, same power supply?

Did you read anything i told him to do? I dont give two turd nuggets about your 15 setup. I know what it takes to get loud. You dont have to get all butt hurt about your setup. In his situation 2 12's is better, more coils and more cone area.
I'm not being butt hurt, you're being ignorant. Since when does more coils mean it'll be louder? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If that were true we'd all run quad coil, subs. More coils may stay cooler longer, but that's about the only advantage.

The truth is, either setup can be just as loud as the other. I'll concede that the pair of 12"s has more potential, but it's not written in stone. I wasn't intending to get in to a pissing match. I'm just tired of people going around telling people more cone area is always louder. Motor strength plays an important role too.

WillMar10, all I'm saying is that I don't think either setup will be definitively "louder" than the other. If you want to bet on the side of caution, grab the 12"s. I have personally ran the hdc3 15" and currently run a hdc4 15" and they are very impressive.

I'm not being butt hurt, you're being ignorant. Since when does more coils mean it'll be louder? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If that were true we'd all run quad coil, subs. More coils may stay cooler longer, but that's about the only advantage.
The truth is, either setup can be just as loud as the other. I'll concede that the pair of 12"s has more potential, but it's not written in stone. I wasn't intending to get in to a pissing match. I'm just tired of people going around telling people more cone area is always louder. Motor strength plays an important role too.

WillMar10, all I'm saying is that I don't think either setup will be definitively "louder" than the other. If you want to bet on the side of caution, grab the 12"s. I have personally ran the hdc3 15" and currently run a hdc4 15" and they are very impressive.
So the only real advantage is the 2 12's will stay cooler? To the motor strength, the 1 15 would work harder then the 2 12's rite? So is this wher cone area plays its part? Its not like im measuring dB's i just want the breath taking bass an some panel flex would be awesome

Both setups if done properly should give you what you want. You know my preference. I've always had better luck with stronger motored subs. But like icweiner said, you can't go wrong with the 12"s. I think you're smart going soundqubed though.

Either of those bundles will sound great and be very loud. I had 1 aq 2.5 fifteen, which was basically a hds 200 series 15 on 600 watts. Stupid loud and low. 4 cubes w/ 64 in of port tuned in mid 30s. So loud I downsized to the 10 inch. Still very loud. Good luck on your decision.

Lol how am i ignorant? Per sq site the 12's have 15% more cone area and 14% less motor. But he has an extra coil to keep the heat down. A 2200 at 1ohm clipped could easily kill an hdc3 coil. It would be alot harder to kill on 2 12's rated at 1200 a piece

Either of those bundles will sound great and be very loud. I had 1 aq 2.5 fifteen, which was basically a hds 200 series 15 on 600 watts. Stupid loud and low. 4 cubes w/ 64 in of port tuned in mid 30s. So loud I downsized to the 10 inch. Still very loud. Good luck on your decision.
I believe it, I heard 1 HDS312 on 600w a few weeks back, nothing special about his install but even in the prefab i had heard all i needed. Iv been researching since then....

Lol how am i ignorant? Per sq site the 12's have 15% more cone area and 14% less motor. But he has an extra coil to keep the heat down. A 2200 at 1ohm clipped could easily kill an hdc3 coil. It would be alot harder to kill on 2 12's rated at 1200 a piece
Aye im not that dam dumb....i do use the ear method tho. I use a 50hz tone at 3/4 volume in the garage, with my last system i double check'd with a 60hz tone an i was pretty titi's

Do not rely on the clipping light on the remote....
Its on the remote? I thought it had nothing to do with the gain. I believed, u set the amp with remote 1/2 way an from there it acts as a bass boost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its on the remote? I thought it had nothing to do with the gain. I believed, u set the amp with remote 1/2 way an from there it acts as a bass boost.
no, the remote is a gain knob. it maxes out your gain that you have set on the amp, since all songs are made with different gains it helps alot. i always run a line driver and setup my HU and my line driver with the SMD distortion meter. so far i havent found anything that works better.

no, the remote is a gain knob. it maxes out your gain that you have set on the amp, since all songs are made with different gains it helps alot. i always run a line driver and setup my HU and my line driver with the SMD distortion meter. so far i havent found anything that works better.
Should my local shops have this equipment or are these more like competitors equipment? Would i need to go that degree to set my gains. I have a pretty soild ear for distortion. I set me an a few friends gains in my garage with a 50hz tone. I double checked my system with a 60hz an i was dead on. Hi's where super easy....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MakkMar10

Bangin on a Budget
MakkMar10
SoCal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from