1 amp or 2 amps for front seps?

Participant count
  • Participant list

99StangGt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Oregon
Im looking into replacing my little eclipse 4 channel amp that im running my front seps (ID csx64s). I am trying to decide what to use, either a ARC 2100cxl running 100w per channel or 2 ARC2050s mono at 230w per channel. The seperates are rated at 150w. price isnt an issue because 1 2100 will cost the same as 2 2050s that i found.

2 arc audio 2050 two channel amp in bridge/mono

230 watts for the left front seperates

230 watts for the right front seperate

you will need a electronic crossover with front and rear outputs

use front output to one 2050

use rear output to the other 2050

what type of head unit do you have.

is there an crossover built in.

or you can try this

arc audio 4150 xxk four channel amp with a built in crossover

bridge/mono 320 watts for the left front seperate

320 watts for the right front seperate

im running a pioneer 860mp. this may sound stupid but why would i need to use my crossover? couldnt i just run like the left rca from the deck to one amp and set it to mono and the right rca to the other and do the same? my eclipse 2 channel amp i only need one rca to the amp and set it to mono. I maybe all screwed up on this one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.