1.5k to play with. what would you do?

When i first started workin on the stereo in my truck, i wanted to knock out my mid and highs first. now that im happy with my deck, and speakers, i desperately need to upgrade my substage.
most my equipment was given to me, so its pretty lame. (don't judge lol) (this is all the stuff i learned on)

but right now i have an autotech street machines 150x2 (bridged) pushin a sony xplode 400watt? (red one) 12.

So far i know i want to run a sundown SAZ 1500d. I like that size, cause i won't have to do major electric work. I want to run that sundown and 1-2 yellow tops.

my delima is i don't know what subs.

at first i thought id be happy with just a real solid, reliable sub that wasn't going to melt at that power lol

but now i kinda want to bang real loud, and rattle the **** out of everythingg when i want to crank it up.

what im thinkin -

i saw a deal on an SAZ 1500d + 15 nightshade for 900.

or an audioque hdc315

or i might be lazy and get 4 alpine type r's 12's or somthin.

i dig DD audio too.

so i guess its either a nasty 15 or 12, or a bunch of smaller, 400watt 12's or somthin.

btw its an extended cab silverado, with no backseat.

thanks

kyle
i'm doing 3 10w6v2's off 1500 watts of JBL just as soon as i can get satisfied with a box design.

yes ssa.com is legit, its the best place to buy mach 5 in the US.

sundown makes good amps, but you can get the power at a lower price if you look elsewhere or are willing to buy used. Depends on how much you are willing to spend.

you can get an audioque 2200d for $389shipped from AQ and a DC lvl 4 XL $385shipped from DC so $774total. also two sd 2.5s with that aq amp would be nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.