1.5k to play with. what would you do?

reclessantics
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SC
When i first started workin on the stereo in my truck, i wanted to knock out my mid and highs first. now that im happy with my deck, and speakers, i desperately need to upgrade my substage.

most my equipment was given to me, so its pretty lame. (don't judge lol) (this is all the stuff i learned on)

but right now i have an autotech street machines 150x2 (bridged) pushin a sony xplode 400watt? (red one) 12.

So far i know i want to run a sundown SAZ 1500d. I like that size, cause i won't have to do major electric work. I want to run that sundown and 1-2 yellow tops.

my delima is i don't know what subs.

at first i thought id be happy with just a real solid, reliable sub that wasn't going to melt at that power lol

but now i kinda want to bang real loud, and rattle the **** out of everythingg when i want to crank it up.

what im thinkin -

i saw a deal on an SAZ 1500d + 15 nightshade for 900.

or an audioque hdc315

or i might be lazy and get 4 alpine type r's 12's or somthin.

i dig DD audio too.

so i guess its either a nasty 15 or 12, or a bunch of smaller, 400watt 12's or somthin.

btw its an extended cab silverado, with no backseat.

thanks

kyle

I don't understand why people want a sub to "Rattle the **** out of everything". Thats not even music...

hdc315 Ported will do fine, id say 37hz if you want WANG without clarity.

Good choice on the 1500d, it's a great amp. $900 is too much for the 1500d and a nightshade, unless you're buying new. I think 4-12'' lower level subs would be cool if you have the room.

im speaking relatively, 1500 watts will be loud, but still clear enough to hear without knockin ppl's eyes out (with 20000 watts.. meade? lol)

i just sat in some guys pathfinder. he had 2 t2 15's on 4k rf watts. loud, but i mostly just felt it, and barely heard the bass u know? i didn' tlike that at all.

thats why i did my speakers first, the mids and highs. and cleaned taht all up before even workin on my bass.

i was thinkin, maybe id get subs that play clear and stuff, but get 2 or 4 so it would get louder, but stay clear? or is that a stupid guess?

something like fi q's?

how about incriminator audio?

Wont 1 HDC3 15" and a 37hz box with 1.5k do UPPER 140's like 148

you need more than 1.5k for 2 subs if you want a lot of bass. Atleast 1k per sub.

I'd say 2 15's ported will be good but if it where me, id get 2 Fi Q's 12" and port them with 750w rms each, will sound nice and hit hard.

i was attracted to the alpine type r's because i know if i put 4 12's or 10s in there, they wouldn't even come close to their limit power wise, so nothing would melt or burn up. i like the idea of playing my stuff at 75-90% of max. keep it safe rather than possibly burnin somethin up. ya know?

one of the first setups i looked into was an audioque hdc3 15 on 1500watts. but it was hifonics no sundown.

ive heard alot of good stuff about audioque.

and yea, the deal for the nightshade and amp was for both brand new.

how is the nightshade 15, say compared to the hdc3 15?

if it were the same amp (saz 1500d)

Wont 1 HDC3 15" and a 37hz box with 1.5k do UPPER 140's like 148

you need more than 1.5k for 2 subs if you want a lot of bass. Atleast 1k per sub.

I'd say 2 15's ported will be good but if it where me, id get 2 Fi Q's 12" and port them with 750w rms each, will sound nice and hit hard.
Probably more like 142-145 or somewhere in there I would imagine. 2-15'' DC Lv3s would do the trick.

I don't understand why people want a sub to "Rattle the **** out of everything". Thats not even music...

hdc315 Ported will do fine, id say 37hz if you want WANG without clarity.
actually i'd say tune to 40hz so it doesn't drop too low //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I say go with the Mach5 audio SPL though, it's a monstrous sub and a damn good price. I've never had experience with one, but other Mach5 products i've used are pretty much solid.

yea id like to go with 2 15's. i think id have the space. i know they could fit, with the box. but airspace is the only think i think would be a problem. but then again i see walled 18's right behind driver seats, lol so i think ill be aight

You should have enough room. I'm not positive but I think most ext cabs like subs forward and port up...or subs and port up. Just pull the seats out and get to work. 2-15'' IA LIs or DC LV3s get my vote. And you shouldn't worry about burning them up as long as you set the gains right and pay attention while playing your music. With the subs in the cab with you you will smell them if you're beating on them too hard and you can always reach back and feel the cones. If they're hot turn it down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.