1,2,4,or 6 subs in 12 cubes and why

When did I say you said you're an expert? See, I can do it too!

You can do what too? You might want to mix in an English class at your earliest convenience. You basically said it in your previous post. You can backpedal all you want. Once again you add nothing of substance to a thread. You're just begging for attention.

You can do what too? You might want to mix in an English class at your earliest convenience. You basically said it in your previous post. You can backpedal all you want. Once again you add nothing of substance to a thread. You're just begging for attention.
I know Bobby I know lol totally unnecessary to try to put someone down we're here to share and learn or at least most of us. Thanks for all the help and input, still a great spot if you wanna talk stereos.

Why do I need an English class? Point out my flaw. You basically said you were an expert. See, I can do it too!

I'm no expert and I don't disagree with what others have said but my vote goes to 2 18s or 3 15s.
Largely dependent on what you listen to regularly but with a system this size I don't imagine you're going for tight drum kicks and snappy little punches. I was always told to stay away from 18s cuz they would sound "sloppy" or "slow" until I got one at some point and was extremely pleased because the only time I really want the subs to play at full volume are long rumble notes. Half volume on rock etc were plenty accurate.
I'm also curious what your amp/electrical plans are.
I imagine If the 12s didn't have as much xmax or excursion as the 18s the 18s would move more air even if the cone area was smaller. But it really depends on the subs themselves
Guess it depends what your goal is.
2 death rows would be dirty in my opinion 🙂
Again. Not an expert. Other people in this forum have more years of experience.
Did everyone hear that. Not an expert 😉🤣

Last edited:
I'm no expert and I don't disagree with what others have said but my vote goes to 2 18s or 3 15s.
Largely dependent on what you listen to regularly but with a system this size I don't imagine you're going for tight drum kicks and snappy little punches. I was always told to stay away from 18s cuz they would sound "sloppy" or "slow" until I got one at some point and was extremely pleased because the only time I really want the subs to play at full volume are long rumble notes. Half volume on rock etc were plenty accurate.
I imagine 2 18s on 4000 watts (2000 each) would have a lot more excursion than 6 12s (666 watts each)
Even if the 12s have more cone area, the 18s would displace more in the end due to the extra excursion.
So correct me if I'm wrong somebody but I believe 12s might be better being as accurate as possible but larger cones will get louder.
Youre definitely not an expert because that's just retarded

I imagine 2 18s on 4000 watts (2000 each) would have a lot more excursion than 6 12s (666 watts each)
Even if the 12s have more cone area, the 18s would displace more in the end due to the extra excursion.
So correct me if I'm wrong somebody but I believe 12s might be better being as accurate as possible but larger cones will get louder.

wtf.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...