1 12" Fi Q vs. 2 12" Type-R's

DylanBeatz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wisconsin
Like the tittle says, 1 12" Fi Q vs. 2 12" Type-R's. I have a 12" Fi Q right now and i'm powering it with a Rockford T1000.1BD (1,464 w rms on birthsheet). Well I blew the sub. Now I'm debating on replacing the Fi Q or building a new box and getting 2 12" Type-R's. Both options cost about the same. I would be using the same amp on both options. Which do you guys think would be louder? The Fi Q was loud but if the 2 type-r's would be louder, that would be awesome because i don't want to blow another Q if i replace it.

there's a vid of the the Fi Q when it worked.

well, you will probably blow the Q again... why not get two Q 10's or something? good luck getting a two 12 box into that trunk!!!

the Rs. double cone area. if u can fit 4 cube ported box.
Nice.

well, you will probably blow the Q again... why not get two Q 10's or something? good luck getting a two 12 box into that trunk!!!
Yeah i know. That's why i kind of don't want to get another Q, I know the R's could handle the power better. And 2 Q 10's would cost way too much. And then I would want a little more power than what I have. I think i can fit a box around 4.5 cubes after displacement in the trunk.

Where in WI are you?
Sun Prairie. It's right next to Madison

I've put 2 12s in you body style mustang... removed the back half of the car and removed the entire trunk insides, spare tire, and speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.