1/0 or 4 gauge?

HardcoreBob

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
I "think" 4 gauge is what I need, but...

I'm not very experienced and want this install to be as close to perfect/correct as I can get...

For closures sake... If I'm going to, let's say, be running 2 1000 watt amps (enough for kids and highs up front and two 10 inch subs) is 4 gauge what I need to do this right?

I'm asking these elementary school questions because I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on all this hardware and want my money and time spent right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If running two amps (Assuming 1000W Rms each) I would do 1/0 to a distribution block and then 4 gauge to each amp. Otherwise you will need 2 4 gauge kits... Also as gramps said get OFC only.

You could run 1/0 then into a distribution block with two 4 gauge power for your amps.

You could also just do all 1/0 with amp reducers.

I would just run 1/0 into a distribution block.

Regardless buy enough 1/0 for your big 3

You could run 1/0 then into a distribution block with two 4 gauge power for your amps. You could also just do all 1/0 with amp reducers.

Thanks!

1/0 fits most distribution blocks? And most can take 4 for the split?

Thanks!1/0 fits most distribution blocks? And most can take 4 for the split?

they have ga listed on them but yeah if u running areal 2 k rms u need 1/0 or 2 ga wielding wire is nice tahoe uses it, it's on ebay pretty cheap..

1/0 eb flex welding cable would be the best and most cost effective wire to run. Get 1/0 to 4ga distribution block and you'll be fine

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Make sure you get an ANL or Mini ANL fused distro block, or Maxi fused block for the Supply block.Dont buy Cheap chits either.Buy good grade/quality blocks, i recommend XS scorpian/or Stinger..Spend the $50 bucks and no worries of a melted distro in the future of a cheap azzed distro block

You could run 1/0 then into a distribution block with two 4 gauge power for your amps. You could also just do all 1/0 with amp reducers.

this is what i say would work best also, then run 4 gauge if that is the max your amps take in as short of runs as possible

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.