09 camry audio upgrade help.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thanks. Let's say I want to add a single sub, will this amp also work or will I need a different one?
You'll need another amp. Another option is to get a 5ch amp now if you know for sure you'll get a sub later. This will give a sub at most a few hundred watts. Will get the job done with some thump, but don't expect anything too crazy. I say stick with the 4ch now and if you want a sub, which I'm sure you will, you can add another amp, sub later. If you do decide on one, be sure to revisit the forum. Don't buy stuff like prefabricated sub boxes.

I see you're in NH, I live 10 mins from you in Sunland.

You'll need another amp. Another option is to get a 5ch amp now if you know for sure you'll get a sub later. This will give a sub at most a few hundred watts. Will get the job done with some thump, but don't expect anything too crazy. I say stick with the 4ch now and if you want a sub, which I'm sure you will, you can add another amp, sub later. If you do decide on one, be sure to revisit the forum. Don't buy stuff like prefabricated sub boxes.
I see you're in NH, I live 10 mins from you in Sunland.
Nice, Sunland is down the street from me. Do you recommend any shops around us that can hook this up right?

Nice, Sunland is down the street from me. Do you recommend any shops around us that can hook this up right?
I don't get stuff done around here, I go to OB Audio in Ontario. My coworker got his sub/amp installed at Soundsations in Newhall. They didn't rip him off. It was a simple set up, so hard to say if they're really good. I've been going to OB for about 8yrs. Top notch everything. Worth the 45 min drive, not like you're doing it everyday anyway. Sure you don't wanna just pull the trigger on the sub and all that now? haha

I don't get stuff done around here, I go to OB Audio in Ontario. My coworker got his sub/amp installed at Soundsations in Newhall. They didn't rip him off. It was a simple set up, so hard to say if they're really good. I've been going to OB for about 8yrs. Top notch everything. Worth the 45 min drive, not like you're doing it everyday anyway. Sure you don't wanna just pull the trigger on the sub and all that now? haha
Lol thinking about it .... At first I just wanted to change my stock stereo and upgraded to a Pioneer avh 5700 touch screen. I had a shop in panorama city install it and while waiting I convinced myself to upgrade the speakers, the guy recommended pioneer 6x9 for front and back for $250 installed. fortunately for me he wasn't a good salesmen and I decided to hold off and see what other options are available.

Does the shop in Ontario carry the speaker and amp brand that you recommended or are they online only type purchases? Also the deal that you recommend has the tweeter seperate, will does replace my factory tweeter in the dash or will they need to make new holes to make it work?

Lol thinking about it .... At first I just wanted to change my stock stereo and upgraded to a Pioneer avh 5700 touch screen. I had a shop in panorama city install it and while waiting I convinced myself to upgrade the speakers, the guy recommended pioneer 6x9 for front and back for $250 installed. fortunately for me he wasn't a good salesmen and I decided to hold off and see what other options are available.
Does the shop in Ontario carry the speaker and amp brand that you recommended or are they online only type purchases? Also the deal that you recommend has the tweeter seperate, will does replace my factory tweeter in the dash or will they need to make new holes to make it work?
No, they don't carry those brands. This stuff you pretty much just get online. Using component speakers (tweeter separate from the mid) gives you a better sound stage. Most likely the tweeters will fit in the factory locations, but you can have them flush mounted in the doors as well. Decent sub/amp/box wil run you another 400-500. You can definitely add it later, but it'll be more labor. It's easy to run wiring for both amps at the same time.

No, they don't carry those brands. This stuff you pretty much just get online. Using component speakers (tweeter separate from the mid) gives you a better sound stage. Most likely the tweeters will fit in the factory locations, but you can have them flush mounted in the doors as well. Decent sub/amp/box wil run you another 400-500. You can definitely add it later, but it'll be more labor. It's easy to run wiring for both amps at the same time.
I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.