8" + 6.5" in GM 99-06 fullsize

Participant count
  • Participant list

wew lad
5,000+ posts

wew lad inc
VA
I happened across this site a while ago then forgot about it. Dug around and found they have dual 6.5 and a 8 and 6.5 pod for a great price. I just added kick panels and figured I have enough already but it's really temping to pick some of these up! Anyone familiar? Research shows that the owner is very active in the community and keeps up with customers which is a huge plus.

http://www.customspeakerpods.com/99-06-GM-FST-8-and-65-Front-Door-Pods-GM-01-01-01-C.htm

I emailed him about them being in beta testing, and he emailed me back literally a few minutes later telling me there. Only thing I'm wondering is what kind of depth you get for the 6.5 and 8, and whether a 6.7 will fit in there. There's a lot of cool stuff on the site like rear pods for 6.5s and a pillar tweeter mounts

i did not see a pic of that pod, but if all 4 is in the same space just block off the 6.5 or 8" depends on how deep it is and how your going to cross them over.

as im only useing my 6.5 as upper mid's and 8" from that down to 70hz.

8" 80hz to 250hz

6.5" 250hz to 4k

for me i have my 8" breathing into the doors ( box ) and i have the back side of my 6.5 blocked off from the door cavity.

its for two speakers per door not 4, sorry i wasnt clear. im running out of amplifier channels that i can give different frequencies lol need a 8 channel dsp or something its ridiculous, it'd be easier for me to put two speakers per door and run them series or parallel.

ok ya then pick 6.5 or 8"

dont run 1 6.5 ans 1 8" in the same pod.

if you dont have any way of band pass i would stick with 6.5's

but thats me.

but really depends on what YOU want.

i dont use a dps ( i want to )

im just using 1 2ch amp for just the 4-8" and 2- 4ch amps for the 6.5's and my 8 tweeters.

1 day ill get me a nice dsp so i can really fine tune my system. but it does sound great and LOUD AS HELLL right now....

o ok. was thinking the size was to small.

yes thats what i was telling him about not using 6.5 and 8" in the same pod or on the same channel of an amp.

the speakers must be the same on the same ch of a amp.

same goes for a new sub and a used sub. not good to have them wired together.

I had those pods in my 2005...cut my midbass in half. Keep 1 in the door and 1 in the kick. Or 6.5 in the kick and 8 in the door. But dont use those pods.
would you mind clarifying which pods you used, 6.5 + 8? or dual 6.5. I dont think i'd have the issues you're talking about with 2 of the same driver ran in parallel or series so theyd be getting the same bpf

it was probably a while ago, but do you have pictures?

o ok. was thinking the size was to small.
yes thats what i was telling him about not using 6.5 and 8" in the same pod or on the same channel of an amp.

the speakers must be the same on the same ch of a amp.

same goes for a new sub and a used sub. not good to have them wired together.
i wired a new sub with an old sub and it was just fine, other one broke in normally. just dont be a **** to your subs right out of the box..

they were the exact same model sub, one was new and one was broken in. people do this is all the time... you think people who recone subs do them both at the same time if one is perfectly fine? lol the amp only cares what load it sees, electricity automatically routes itself accordingly per voicecoil and all the amp has to do is play that frequency at whatever instantaneous load it sees.

you can run a 6.5 and 8 on the same channel as long as they dont share the same airspace. you would sacrifice having seperate crossover points and whicher speaker had higher sensitivity would be louder overall, but it wouldnt hurt the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wew lad

5,000+ posts
wew lad inc
wew lad
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date