09 camry audio upgrade help.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently upgraded my factory stereo to a Pioneer AVH5700 and now looking into upgrading the speakers. What speakers should I look at that are best bang for your buck. I'm not looking for any competition type speakers, just somthing nice and clean for my daily. As for budget, right around $150-$250 price range for all speakers.

Any advice or info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I recently upgraded my factory stereo to a Pioneer AVH5700 and now looking into upgrading the speakers. What speakers should I look at that are best bang for your buck. I'm not looking for any competition type speakers, just somthing nice and clean for my daily. As for budget, right around $150-$250 price range for all speakers.
Any advice or info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Will these be amped? If not, may not be worth replacing speakers. Sub?

No sub ... I don't mind having it amped if I need it. I did stop by a local shop and he had kicker DS693 and pioneer TS-A6965R but I want to see what other options that you guys recommend.
Those are entry level speakers, they can get loud enough, but with some distortion. You will miss a lot of detail. I think amp is a must. Would this still be a $250 budget tops with all 4 speakers and the amp?

For $250. That would get the decent set for the front. Don't worry about rears. They are just for fill any way. Also you'll need to deaden the doors as well

Those are entry level speakers, they can get loud enough, but with some distortion. You will miss a lot of detail. I think amp is a must. Would this still be a $250 budget tops with all 4 speakers and the amp?
That's the price range I wanted to keep this upgrade at but if it means spending an extra few hundred bucks to get some clean sound, I'm in.

That looks like a good deal but it's 6.5" and my camry is 6x9. I'm not sure if it will work.
Not an issue. 6.5" should easily fit with brackets. You have many more options to select from going the 6.5" route. You also don't want huge speakers in the back as they may pull the sound stage to the back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.